RV22 WiFi 6 Home Mesh Router

The RV22 home mesh Wi-Fi system offers self-Service Wi-Fi with cnMaestro Cloud visibility to make whole-home coverage easy. A single access point easily covers a 3,000 square foot home.

A great subscriber experience leads to lower support calls and new revenue opportunities. Empower your technicians and customers with self-service Wi-Fi tools that deliver the experience your customers desire.

Check out the RV22 Wi-Fi 6 Home Mesh Router.

home router

Share your thoughts:

• How many of your trouble calls are related to the Wi-Fi?
  • Would your subscribers value speed tests and self-service controls?
  • Would frequency coordination, RF optimization and automatic mesh configuration save you time?
3 Likes

Wonderful looking new device. Great capabilities . Looking forward to the updated release of software.

Love the spot for a logo as well great idea. Logos on the app is cool.

Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

6 Likes

Really loving these new devices.
Checkout my speed tests between cabled in desktop and wireless on my phone.
Amazing speeds, the roaming has been working great !

7 Likes

Looking good! Nice shot!

I’ll write a few sentences. You release a solution that is already outdated at the time of release.It does not function as a router, there is no USB port (needed, for example, to connect a printer or mass storage), only 1Gbps ethernet ports. If this device, as in the leaflet, is to be released on the market in mid-2024, he believes that it will be as successful as “many previous solutions”, for example the c4000.

I don’t know the price, but more advanced solutions (of course without such a great function as branding), with everything I described above, cost no more than $70-90. Mesh is already everywhere and does not require any special play, just turning on one switch in the application :slight_smile:

In my opinion, a shot in the foot, or a very bad market analysis (at least in ETSI). Maybe it will be sold in the US, but considering that such solutions with WiFi7 are already being developed, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you :slight_smile:

Please take this not as hate but as constructive criticism.

2 Likes

Hi,
Why do you say it does not function as a router?

Nearly all printers these days are wireless. Mass storage for what exactly? Not seen anyone using that before to be honest…
Is there really a requirement for more than 1Gbps ports in the residential setting? If so why? Curious.

WiFi 7. Yes is being developed sure… But again really not well developed yet so how do you release a router that is already 3 years late with a product that doesnt really exist yet. Well it kinda does but not stable enough to release on mass. IMHO

1 Like

Because the leaflet doesn’t say much about it, you really have to guess, and only after reading it from the beginning I found something that indicated that it had these functions. The word WAN is not mentioned throughout the leaflet, nor is it written anywhere that the Ethernet ports are divided into LAN or WAN or can perform an equivalent function.

About port speeds.
If 1 GB is enough, why do you add 2.5 Gbps ports to new WiFi6 devices? Maybe in the US there are no higher home network speeds. But in Europe and Asia, speeds of 5 and 10Gbps are already widely available. Many new devices have such ports to communicate faster within the local network.
Besides, in a year or two, 1 Gbps ports will be considered old-school, just like 100 are now. People buy with their eyes, they buy new things, even if they don’t need them, and it’s the same with network equipment. People are more likely to buy devices with 2.5, 5 or 10 Gbps ports because they know they will be able to use them longer.
This is my opinion and I see it because of what large operators, even Orange, do. Read about Livebox 10 and LiveBox 7 shipped as home routers in Europe.

Of course, printers are wireless and even wired. But there are people who do not replace printers every 3 years and still have printers that only have USB.
External memories are used to use a common resource instead of the cloud (samba), even within the house. Additionally, USB in most competitive devices also serves as a backup for the connection where we connect the LTE/5G modem. You forgot about this possibility since e600/xv2-2.

There are no products with WiFi7?
Well, I suggest you better search the market.
Maybe this device will be a hit in the US, because you don’t let Asian manufacturers in. In Europe, Africa and the Middle East, you can choose from devices with better specifications and, I assume, at a much better price.

Wi-Fi 7 is only in draft stages, I don’t believe cambium would release a product where the standard hasn’t even been ratified.

1 Like

So, go to amazon and buy for example Orbi WiFi 7 :rofl:

And what’s your point?

The orbi uses draft standards to connect between each device. It isn’t guaranteed that any future Wi-Fi 7 devices will even work on it.

Right now it might as well be a proprietary backhaul system,

Enterprise wifi connects via copper cables, not wireless backhaul; there is no reason Cambium would have to produce a device like this.

Every time I hear Cambium, we don’t do it because it’s a draft, it was the same with WiFi6. Keep sleeping and the train called competition will leave you at the speed of the Shinkansen. Unfortunately, people buy what I wrote earlier with their eyes. It doesn’t matter that they don’t need a 5.0 V8 engine, a 65" TV or other things. If something is fashionable or exclusive, they will buy it.
Cambium implements RV22 2 years after other companies started doing it and then Cambium is surprised that the products are not successful?
The president has changed, but I don’t see anything else.

See what’s happening on the switch market.
Even small companies already produce aggregation switches, and Cambium? Only promises for 2 years. Other companies provide switches with POE++, and Cambium offers several ports. All the serious ones released a switch with 2.5 or 5 Gbps ports, and Cambium advertised a 1Gbps switch for WiFi6. If no one from Cambium still sees that you are chasing your tail, too bad.

When writing this post, I was hoping that someone would understand how others work and how you react to market needs. all I achieved was to build a huge defense line proving that everyone else is doing it wrong and not in line with the standards, and only Cambium is right.

Right so your basing all this on never seeing or using the product.
As someone that is using the product itnis very good.

Do home users need 1Gbps. Nope. Do others provide it. Sure… but is anyone reallynusing that? Maybe a couple here or there.

You make alot of claims and back it up with no real life data other than some companies that are deploying wifi7 that is not settled yet.
Personally i dont think cambium should.

You think they should and your welcome to your opinion.

But lets get it straight. Your wrong about the device not having a wan port and thats because you have not read the paperwork properly nor have you touched it.

So maybe go put your thoughts in a ubiquiti forum where them may agree more with you.

Tata

2 Likes

So this would be inline with say the Eero 6+?

Which the end user can buy for $189 for a 2 pack.

Comparison of RV22 Wi-Fi 6 home mesh router with another home router. Comparison is based on packaging, coverage, speed, and price. The RV22 provides greater coverage, 13-35% higher speeds at an attractive price.
To find out more about the RV22, visit RV22 Wi-Fi 6 Home Mesh Router - English

2 Likes

In terms of switching, I’ve love to see Cambium Networks buy a company like Allied Telesis as their market cap isn’t that high compared to Cambium.

That speed comparison where the speed was “pretty much the same” when using Comcast. But Cambium crushes it using iperf…

That could seriously point to not having enough processing power at layer 3 or NAT.

This demo needs a hardwired to the FIRST UNIT CONNECTED TO THE MODEM TEST.

Please add that to the next comparison which should be against the Eero. As that’s the Bose of “mesh” networks these days.

As in the customer already knows the name. Knows someone who has it. And can be deployed by “anyone with the app”.

“The Home Mesh Routers can be configured using cnMaestro Cloud and the cnMaestro Subscriber
application. However, it always requires cnMaestro Cloud.”

Does this mean it will not work with Maestro On-Prem? I tried to onboard an RV22 to our local on-prem and saw a message that the device is not supported.

Correct MiahSchaller,

The RV22 is only supported by the cloud instance of cnMaestro at this first release. It relies on cloud services to deliver parental control, automated and manual speed tests. in a future release, we are support cloud based analytics and a new micro-service for support personnel.

Have you been able to set it up on the cloud? I did quite a bit of my own testing last weekend and I am very happy with the rate @ range. Of course, I am the product manager so I have a bias, but I am also a long time engineer and Wi-Fi network architect so I hope that I can be objective about it. Please let me know how the testing goes,

good point Springs, I hear a lot of good things about Eero and I expect that they would do better than TP-Link. I will do Eero testing as soon as possible. I use these same two laptops for a lot of my testing and I use the Surface if I have an opportunity to test networks on the road. It’s not my full time job at Cambium, but I have 20+ year experience as a network architect for xDSL, Ethernet, Wi-Fi and I just can’t stay away! Here’s the topology that I used. the iPerf commands are shown in the video. It was important to test at some reasonable range to represent something realworld.

Eero is the default ISP provided add on in many areas. Mine. My family in other states… right on the sign up screen for new service from the ISP… “Would you like to add our whole house WiFi?” Which is Eero