Scheduled reboot for ePmP Force 300-25

Hello Colleagues
I have a force 300-25 PTP link which is just 1.1km.
The link is occasionally lost, mostly in the evenings, and it will be off until I reboot one of the radios(either SM or AP).
My thinking is that if I schedule a reboot for around 7 p.m. every evening, my client will always have internet and will not have any problems.
But how do I do this? Please advise

Did you try to investigate what is breaking this link? Where is it situated? I guess it is better to know the real reason and fix it.

At the same time you can use Watchdog feature. It can reboot wireless, Ethernet or whole station whenever it has lost the connectivity. See screenshot:

1 Like

Yes, it was interference from a radwin link that moves in the same direction with the f300 link. I scanned for the best frequency on 40mhz and still faced the challenge even when i put the power to maximum

If the spectrum is very dirty using 20MHz will be more stable.

1 Like

Ok, i should try this. But wont it affect bandwidth, i need something above 200mbps aggregate

I’m confused. If the problem is interference, why would rebooting the ePMP help?

2 Likes

That’s fair. From the user’s point of view, you just need the link to work, and if a watchdog reset achieves that, then that’s obviously what you have to do.

From a developer’s point of view, any problem that requires a reboot to work around it is a bug, and we would want to fix it. I hope that the situation you describe on 450i was eventually fixed.

@TimoWanume, were you able to capture diagnostics from this radio, and have you raised a ticket?

I havent raised a ticket yet.
Unfortunately when it went off today, even a restart on the SM couldnt bring it back and i cant access the tower because of security protocals.

rebooting forces the radio to start from scratch, this will usually bring a link back up but it is very temporary especially if there is sufficient RX power feeding the RX pre-amp.

I agree that the issue is bigger than being stated and a better solution needs to be found, like connectorized radios and narrow aperture parabolic antennas.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.