Self Interference help

Hi,

We have one tower with 6AP 2.4 AdvAP (2415,2437.5,2457.5) sync through CMMicro + 6 AP ADV 5.7 Sync through CMMicro and We are plannning to add another 6 ADvAP ( 2400, 2470, 2482.5) sync through another CMMicro/ Syncpipe

We are using all STP cable + 30meters vertical separation (for the 2.4 cluster)

Can I get the good result?

Thank you in Advance,

I have 4- 2.4 cyclones running on the same tower and it is a constant battle

you’ll get problems from that…

the 2470 and the 2482.5 will overlap badly and cause problems plus you are WAY out of the unliscnesed band for communications
same with the 2400 you’ll be using 2390 to 2410

with 30 meters vertical sep you do not need use diffrent freqs just off set your APs by 30degrees so you have 2415 and 2435 side by side giving you 120 degree coverage, start the 2nd cluster with 2457.5 dead center of those 2 aps so you have 30 degree coverage in both spots, finish your RF install and you’r GTG you will have SOME fall off you will need to change to your new APs if your signals overlap to much keep you will need to time the same method, time all 12 by power or all 12 by timing port DO NOT MIX them up. the timing is a little off from each of these, we found this out the hard way. thier close enough to time to diffrent towers to stop self interference but not on the same tower.

for something link this i would recommend using a sync pipe and injectors so all 12 APs use the same timing pulse just incase

we have a few 900 sites with a similar setup and works out great

clueless drop the omni’s and go with 4 90 degree panels, you’ll get a very nice boot is power from better antennas and you will only need to use 2 freqs instead of trying to get that to work right, which it never will.

mgthump wrote:
you'll get problems from that....

the 2470 and the 2482.5 will overlap badly and cause problems plus you are WAY out of the unliscnesed band for communications
same with the 2400 you'll be using 2390 to 2410

with 30 meters vertical sep you do not need use diffrent freqs just off set your APs by 30degrees so you have 2415 and 2435 side by side giving you 120 degree coverage, start the 2nd cluster with 2457.5 dead center of those 2 aps so you have 30 degree coverage in both spots, finish your RF install and you'r GTG you will have SOME fall off you will need to change to your new APs if your signals overlap to much keep you will need to time the same method, time all 12 by power or all 12 by timing port DO NOT MIX them up. the timing is a little off from each of these, we found this out the hard way. thier close enough to time to diffrent towers to stop self interference but not on the same tower.

for something link this i would recommend using a sync pipe and injectors so all 12 APs use the same timing pulse just incase

we have a few 900 sites with a similar setup and works out great

wow...that was wonderful information!

Thanks mgthump