Setting up an ISP

i am Starting a ISP in GUyana.

i am looking at the canopy and discover that the signal range of the access point is 5 miles. i want to increse this to about 15 miles radius .
any recommendations

The specs you state for Canopy are the recommended and supported ones - there are options to get further. As someone stated before you can try Last Mile Gear’s Cyclone line of APs. They are Canopy radios modified with a high gain omni-directional antenna (or any number of other options). I have 900 MHz APs that support SMs as far as 22 miles reliably (some people have gone further than me). I also have two 2.4 GHz APs that support SMs at 16 miles reliably (again, some people have gone further). Both of these conditions needed LOS to achieve reliable signal and link.

Aaron

You can have a 6AP cluster of either 2400AP, 5700AP, or 9000AP.

If you use 5700AP, you will get approximately 1.5 - 2 miles without a reflector, and up to 10 miles with a reflector using the internal antennas. These radios require clear Line of Sight with no trees, or obstructions. These radios will give you up to 7mbps aggregate (up + down) or 14mbps with the Advantage platform.

If you use 2400AP, you will get approximately 2 - 3 miles without a reflector, and up to 15 miles with a reflector using the internal antennas. These radios will tolerate some folige depending on range to the AP. These radios will give you up to 7mbps aggregate (up + down) or 14mbps with the Advantage platform.

If you use 9000AP, you will get 18+ miles with the 9000SM with the internal antennas. You can also use the connectorized 9000SMC and various external antennas for different ranges. For example you can use an 8dB antenna for shorter ranges, 10dB antennas for mid ranges, and 13dB antennas for longer ranges. These radios offer the best non line of sight performance up to about 5 miles. Past 5 miles very little foliage is allowed. Past 8 miles clear Line of Sight is required. The non Line of Sight performance comes at the cost of bandwidth. The 9000SM can provide up to 3mbps aggregate (up + down).

As mentioned you can use connectorized versions of the 5700AP and 2400AP with external antennas however this may prove too expensive.

In my opinion, your next steps are:
1. Download the Canopy Manual to understand the equipment.
2. Rent/Borrow/Buy an RF Spectrum Analyzer. Perform an RF analysis of the area in the 900Mz, and 2.4GHz bands. 5.7GHz ia probably not going to meet your needs due to limitations on range. If you are unable to obtain an analyzer, then skip to #3.
3. Order a test AP and SM. Set up the AP at your tower location, and map out a 60 degree arc in front of the AP. Use a power inverter in your vehicle and drive around within the 60deg coverage area and see what types of RSSI and Jitter you get. The manual will describe what is acceptable. You need to leave the SM set up for at least 10 minutes to get an accurate reading. I use a speaker tripod for this, however a section of metal conduit strapped to the vehicle would work as well, you want the SM to be stable.

Alternately you can hire an expert. To me this is a waste of money as it takes away from the learning experience. The more you know about your area and radios, the better your wireless network will perform.

that you for the help. Where can i buy bandwidth from. I am buying from New skies presently i need other alternatives
i am located in GUyana
SOuth Amrerica

Last Mile Gear’s Cyclone line of APs

i need some info about that

Where can i buy bandwidth from

I have no idea. You will have to do a local search for providers.

Last Mile Gear's Cyclone line of APs

i need some info about that

http://www.lastmilegear.com

Google search for:

internet service provider guyana

I got a few hits

looking at the canopy manaual help me out alot i gain alot of knowledge about the product. i notice that i can achieved 15 miles witha point to Multipoint the Access point with a reflector.

My question now is the reflector the same as the one the one the back haul have?

I believe so.