sm drop in signal

I have a 5.7 sm/ap setup. The sm showed a -65db signal level from the ap at install. Over the weekend it dropped to a -75db. Distance is about .25 miles and it does shoot through a few trees. I do have a stiner on the sm. I went out and checked to make sure the sm had not moved, and it was locked down in teh same location as install. I did a freq scan and nothing interfernece wise that shows up.
Note I do have another sm off this same ap and the signal level at it is fine It has not changed and is -68db.
All are running the 8.2.7 software. I have rebooted all and same results. Anyone have any ideas on this one? Bad sm? Bad stinger? Thanksfor any help…

How old is the SM? There was an issue with the epoxy used to hold components on the board. Maybe you have one of those?

I thought the same thing, but changed out the sm and still the same results.

along5664 wrote:
I thought the same thing, but changed out the sm and still the same results.

I trust you've also tried changing out the stinger?

I've had signal fluctuations like this before - primarily on our 2.4 SMs, as we do not use 5.x for client connections. Usually if it wasn't SM or antenna related, physically moving the unit a few feet solved the issue.

I did swap stinger also. I also raised it up about 15 feet. It has been fine teh past day, so who knows. I am goign to get the owner to cut some tress to make me a los shot…Thanks guys for the help…

I never instsll 5.7 SMs through trees, because of just what you saw.