SM Frame Utilization

I've been using the new frame utilization statistics for PMP450 AP's using the 13.4 firmware and it's been very helpful in troubleshooting and monitoring an AP's overall health. Would there be a way to break up the frame utilization and display it on a per-SM basis? This would provide a valuable tool to find SM's that not only have poor rf conditions, but also are being used frequently... possibly to the detriment of the AP's overall performance. Thanks!

A great recommendation +1'd especially if we can monitor via snmp

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

I've been using the new frame utilization statistics for PMP450 AP's using the 13.4 firmware and it's been very helpful in troubleshooting and monitoring an AP's overall health. Would there be a way to break up the frame utilization and display it on a per-SM basis? This would provide a valuable tool to find SM's that not only have poor rf conditions, but also are being used frequently... possibly to the detriment of the AP's overall performance. Thanks!

Eric,

Definitely a good idea. The challenge comes for tracking up to 238 SMs.

Or another idea is only showing X top users of the frame. 
We definitely consider this in the future.
-Charlie

Yeah, I think that would be ideal Charlie... something on the same frame utilization tab... that shows top 10 SM's over 1, 5, and 10minute averages.

Or the statistics could be gathered by the stations, and just fetched and displayed by code in the AP web interface. 

That would give you the top users, at least.

By cross referencing the station's metrics and the AP's total sent packets one could infer the total dropped (lost/invalid) packet metrics, and that could be used to pinpoint overall network quality.

I made up a spreadsheet for the PMP320s that accomplished this from the MCS uplink and downlink data.  Something similar that displayed bytes sent and recieved per modulation would open that ability up, particularly if it also included session time.

In terms of performance, the SM could track their own data individually, and the AP could poll it on request.

Session Status screens display lots more (sortable) information that is useful for exactly this.  If this doesn't cover what you intended, please submit a new idea with suggestions for further improvement.