Smart Antenna support for ePmP 3000 AP

Does anyone know when the ePmP 3000 will suport the smart antenna?

The private beta of 4.5 apparently has BSA. Of course, Cambium wants to get it as right as possible, so I don’t know if that is 2 days or 2 weeks or 2 months out from being ready for prime time… but my guess would be that is in the next version, and my guess would be that it is pretty close.

Thanks for the reply, I am glad there is hope of it being soon.  I am very disapointed that these are advertised as ready to rock with the epmp 3000 radios.  I just invested in 3 towers with 4 sectors each and all equipped with smart antennas to learn now they are just decorations until they are added to the next update.  Fingers crossed its soon.

@DigitalMan2020 wrote:

I am very disapointed that these are advertised as ready to rock with the epmp 3000 radios. 

Hah we bought a bunch of Force300-25's for PTP that were supposed to do DFS channels that ended up setting on a shelf for over a year because they didn't have FCC certs for DFS channels. And really, even more than two years (almost 3 ?) later they have proven to be next to useless in DFS channels... still pretty bitter about that one.

Ouch that sucks...what force 300 works well in the DFS frequencies?

@brubble1 wrote:
...they didn't have FCC certs for DFS channels...

There was also some of this time period that testing/approvals were caught up in the US Government shutdown. Of course that wasn't the cause of 100% of the delays... Cambium does bear some responsibility as well - but just so we all remember, the FCC was also shut down, and then backed up for some of that period too.

1 Like

As of 4.5rc34 there is no BSA, i dont know if there have been any betas since 34 though

edit- correction, 4.5rc41

Thank you for the reply... that is very disappointing.  Invested in something that I was told would work with the epmp 3000, my supplier is going to get an earful.....

We were originally told the BSA is supposed to be functional in the full 4.5 release. 

Atleast you didnt begin with us when it was shipped and didnt support backwards compatibility, that was a cluster, think the compatibility didnt work for 2 or so months after release

Thank you for your reply... so is there an eta on that release?

I really hope this is supported soon. 

1 Like

I was told by Cambium support that the 4.5 Beta is scheduled to release at the end of January and BSA is included

You can reach out to Dmitry if you want to test BSA. We are testing and so far not completely working in our environment, but they have been actively working on it.  So hopefully soon.

2 Likes

Hi,

I've heard 4.5-RC54 Beta just went live on our support portal.

Dmitry

2 Likes

Hello,

is correct in the epmp3000 BSA connector is twisted then epmp2000 ?

Thanks

NR

Hi,

You are right, they should be crossed.

Thanks,

Dmitry

Hi, so if I'm unerstanding correctly we should not be following the guide when attaching the epmp 2000 smart antenna to the epmp 3000 which states left goes to left and right goes to right?  And in reality it should be right to left and left to right?

1 Like

@DigitalMan2020 wrote:

Hi, so if I'm unerstanding correctly we should not be following the guide when attaching the epmp 2000 smart antenna to the epmp 3000 which states left goes to left and right goes to right?  And in reality it should be right to left and left to right?

Yes. Cross the streams!

5 Likes

Hahahahaha!  Thanks!  And great refernce!

1 Like

@DigitalMan2020 wrote:

I don't really see the point of beam forming since the client radios get to use more power since they are PTP and generally client radios have better up rssi than down as a result. But I thought I would put our first couple of 3000 AP's up with all the bells and whistles just to get the full effect and see what they can really do.

Guess I'll put "reverse BFA connections" on the to-do list for the next time we go up that tower...