SMs GPS Extraction

We are using ePMP3000 APs in our network with force180,Force200, Force 300 SMs , and it would be helpful to be able to extract the connected SMs GPS and its registered Sector , it could be very useful for network planning and optimization with link planner .
Hope this feature can be add in future firmware releases .

Unless you have manually entered the GPS coordinates into each SM under Configure → System → Location Services the SM doesn’t have any idea where it is. The force 180/200/300 units do not have GPS receivers.

If you have entered details in the configuration on each radio, what you are looking for is available in both the web ui and the config file. It wouldn’t been too difficult to write a script that SSH’s into each radio, extracts the details you need, and writes them to a text file.

1 Like

What you are asking for in near impossible since the SM only can talk to one AP thus can not use the time delay metric to know where it is from the AP. Also the SMs do not have GPS units in them so can not figure out where they are that way.
You can and should enter the GPS location of the SM in to the SM under the configuration since this information is displayed in cnMaestro and can be used in cnHeat.

Yes i am aware of the process of adding GPS to the SMs manually first since there is no GPS hardware on them .
maybe i didnt made the idea clear , i am asking for an option to extract those Coordinates ( that has been add manually at the time of installation ) from the AP ( like an option in the AP to download the connected SMs information ) , and then i can use them for further purposes .
I hope its clear now.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

If you have the GPS information manually populated in the SM config, you have access to it via cnMaestro, via an ssh login and show of the config and via the config.json file for each SM.
At this time, I do not know of any OID to get this information via snmp or another remote data collection method that would allow visibility to this information. It is possible the TR-609 interface can see this as well but we do not have that good of a TR-609 control interface so can not see it.

1 Like