SNR and Power Level restrictions

Is there a way to restrict the AP from allowing subscribers to register unless they meet a specified power level and SNR? 

1 Like

@Towerman wrote:

Is there a way to restrict the AP from allowing subscribers to register unless they meet a specified power level and SNR? 

Towerman,

No we don't currently have a way to do that on 450 platform, but that is an interesting idea. SNR is not possible at registration time due to current implementation reasons but we could consider adding in a "Minimum Receive Power Level" setting at the AP.

Would you want this to apply to both uplink and downlink receive power levels? Or just one or both? 

The only problem I could see is during aiming while installing sometimes the power level isn't optimal as it's still being aligned. That would have to be worked out as well.

Charlie

I only see one value for Recieve Power Level. Where does it delienate between the uplink and downlink for power level?

@Towerman wrote:

I only see one value for Recieve Power Level. Where does it delienate between the uplink and downlink for power level?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. We do not have this feature now. Maybe we could consider in the future.

@Towerman wrote:

If you're concerned with poor quality subs having an impact on airtime and thus dragging the overall AP performance down, starting with firmware 15.2 you can assign CPE priorities along with a frame utilization %. By default all SM's are low priority. Let's say you have a client that has a poor signal, you could assign the good SM's a high priority and leave the bad one at low priority, and then assign very little frame time to them... like 10% low and 90% high.

2 Likes

Can you elaborate more on this Eric, sounds interesting.

@Ryan Ray wrote:
Can you elaborate more on this Eric, sounds interesting.

It's pretty simple and just as how I've explained... you can download the user guide HERE and you can read more details about it on page 7-223.

2 Likes

Sorry for the gravedigging Eric, so you set all your SM in high priority and if there's a poor signal SM you put in Low Priority?

1 Like