Software Incomplatability Error when trying to connect 3000L ePTP Master and ePMP1000 Slave

We had a 5GHz ePMP 2000 we are using as a ePTP Master fail due to water damage. I replaced it with a 5GHz 3000L but the ePMP 1000 SM slave we use won’t register. Both are running software version 4.7 but I get Error Incompatible Software. They will connect when the 3000L is set to TDD. Is there anything we can do to get these two radios to connect as a Master / Slave? Thank you.

I don’t believe ePTP is compatible between major ePMP versions (e.g. an 802.11n radio connecting to an 802.11ac radio in ePTP mode). You might be able to use TDD-PTP mode however.

2 Likes

I tried TDD-PTP but didn’t have any luck. We’re going to have to replace a 2000 in use as an AP at a different site with a 3000L to free up a the radio needed asap. Thank you for your reply.

ePTP is not compatible between different generations as @Eric_Ozrelic mentioned.
TDD and TDD PTP are fully compatible.
So if you could provide more details we definitely can help to sort this out.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.