Speedtest.

Hi all,

Is there an effective way ti do a remote speedtest for ePMP 1000 series??Force 180,190,200.

Iperf does not work thus far I have tried.

Any other options.

I did the wireless link test but it does not show me the speed the client is getting at the current moment or so forth.

Please help

One thing I miss about the Ubiquitis is the ability to run the speed test between any two ubiquiti devices. It was pretty sweet to be able to run a speed test between two Ubiquiti AP's on a tower and thus see if there was a problem between the AP and the Switch or run the test between two radios that were not on the same tower to test a switch or backhaul or whatever.  The customer radios not having a separate management IP kept them from being as useful but I had a Ubiquiti radio set up at the NOC just for testing customer radios all the way back to the NOC.

I also miss having traffic graps for each interface... 

Maybe they can add something to cnMaestro that would allow some kind of capacity testing back to the NOC or something.

1 Like

@brubble1 wrote:

One thing I miss about the Ubiquitis is the ability to run the speed test between any two ubiquiti devices. It was pretty sweet to be able to run a speed test between two Ubiquiti AP's on a tower and thus see if there was a problem between the AP and the Switch or run the test between two radios that were not on the same tower to test a switch or backhaul or whatever.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Every other brand we've used has this ability - and we can test from the customer CPE back to it's AP, or test back to the backhaul radio, or back to the next hop, or back to the store - and test any part of the segment, the cables, the switches, etc, etc, etc.  THIS ABILITY IS KEY TO BE ABLE TO DIAGNOSE DIFFICULT TO LOCATE PROBLEMS.

And also abillity to do a real test-tcp. Not udp.

i'm new in cambium and i'm very sorry for this bug. Not is possible try the quality of the network lan  like is possible with mikrotik using the btest tool. I have risolved this problem puts an router rb951 between the aps and rx on my bs Now i can try the lan but not the effective throughput of the client. I hope that cambium will resolve the bug  that is very important for us wisp

1 Like

@anto75 wrote:

i'm new in cambium and i'm very sorry for this bug. Not is possible try the quality of the network lan...
I hope that cambium will resolve the bug  that is very important for us wisp

Agreed. ^^^ THIS ^^^ is a huge shortcoming in Cambium's firmware.  Seems it should be SO simple to accomodate this, yet years and years into ePMP and we still can't test or see SO MUCH of what should be available 'at a glance'.

That being said - welcome to Cambium. :)  There is also a lot to love about Cambium and their products.

1 Like

Hi ninedd,

If it was SO simple we would definetly accomodate this. The main challenge is generating and measuring the data while actually sending and reciving data.

Let me try to explain it as simple as I can. If we run iperf on the board we will get X MBps, but if we run iperf on the outside equipment we will get 2*X Mbps.

Thanks,

Dmitry

@Dmitry Moiseev wrote:

If it was SO simple we would definetly accomodate this.

I appreciate that. However - everyone else in the industry does it. We have StarOS gear which is 20 years old and we can test from any AP/CPE to any other AP/CPE anywhere via IP.  It has helped us diagnose and locate an errant switch, cable, router, fiber more times than I can count.

So for example - if a client calls in and reports slow - with every other brand/make/model of gear we've ever had since 1997 - we can test from his SM to the AP of course, but with all other brands of gear, we can also test from his CPE to another AP on the tower (therefore testing to see if the bottleneck is the tower's Ethernet/Switch/Cable/etc), or even test from his CPE to a Test-AP at the shop (testing the whole path - AP/Tower/Router/Backhauls/etc/etc). It has helped us diagnose and locate an errant switch, cable, router, fiber more times than I can count.

I hear you. On the 11ac gear try "debug iperf3" command in the CLI, but don't tell anyone about it. 

3 Likes