Standalone Mode for XD2-230?

Hello dear community.
I don’t know if it’s right to write here, if anything, please direct me.
I bought an XD2-230 access point on eBay:
Serial Number X2188138BF360
License Key 17FNX-X8Q2H-GFXKX-LAAN0
Flashed XS-8.5.8-7708
At the entrance, I am constantly given this sign with the following inscription2021-01-26_225247_2

NOTICE: THIS ARRAY SHOULD BE MANAGED BY A XIRRUS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM Configuration changes should be made through the management system, NOT locally. Local changes will not be reflected in the management system resulting in the array and the management system being out of sync, and the local changes will ultimately be overwritten. Please limit local activities to monitoring only.

Is it possible to somehow untie this point from any cloud and use it at home without being tied to a license? Otherwise, I’m afraid that one day it will simply be blocked and I will lose any access to it at all.

Simply reset the AP to the factory defaults using the following instructions;

To factory reset, unplug the AP, start to hold in the button, plug in the AP, keep the button held in for at least 30 seconds while the AP boots, and after about 30 seconds let go of the button and unplug and replug the AP.

Once this is done, the AP can be configured directly via WMI (GUI).

2 Likes

Thanks for the help and such a quick response !!! But after the reset and the first login, the warning changed a little)))
2021-01-27_101503

NOTICE: THIS ARRAY SHOULD BE MANAGED BY A XIRRUS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM Configuration changes should be made through the management system, NOT locally. Local changes will not be reflected in the management system resulting in the array and the management system being out of sync, and the local changes will ultimately be overwritten. Please limit local activities to monitoring only. NOTICE: THIS ARRAY HAS NOT YET BEEN CONFIGURED, AND IS NOT YET OPERATING. If this array is being managed by a Xirrus Management System, please use the management system to discover and configure this array. If this array is being used as a stand alone array for demo or temporary purposes, please open the Web Management Interface (WMI) and complete the Express Setup Page to configure and enable this array for operation. Be sure to save when done.

After configuring, saving changes and rebooting, the warning remains the same …

It is simply warning you that changes should be made in XMS IF you are using it, which you are not. You can safely proceed with configuration via WMI (GUI).

1 Like

Thank you, judging by the fact that it works normally now after setting up, I also thought so.
But for peace of mind I wanted to hear it from the official representative)))
Thank you again and sorry to bother you!

1 Like