Static route problem

Hi.

I might be an id*ot, but I can’t figure out how to set default route on cnMatrix switch.

We have management VLAN where there is no DHCP enabled. Switch has static IP address, but I can’t set default route. I always get error: “ERROR: Error in adding static route”

I want to set default gateway via GUI with default route. Switch has L3 interface in the same network as default gateway is.

What am I doing wrong?

We are using 3.2-r4.

Kind regards

Also tried via CLI:

PSESW050# show ip route

Codes: C - connected, S - static, R - rip, O - ospf,
IA - OSPF inter area, N1 - OSPF NSSA external type 1,
N2 - OSPF NSSA external type 2, E1 - OSPF external type 1,
E2 - OSPF external type 2

C 172.xxxx0/24 is directly connected, vlanxxx
C 192.168.0.0/24 is directly connected, mgmt0

PSESW050# conf ter
PSESW050(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.xxxx.1
% ECMP not supported

Hello,

The error “ECMP not supported” indicates there is already a static route present, but is inactive. A static route is inactive when switch fails to resolve ARP or reach the route’s next hop. Please use the CLI command ‘show ip route all’ to view all active and inactive routes.
We currently do not support ECMP in release 3.2-r4, therefore you need to first remove this inactive static route before configuring a new default route. To remove the route, please use the CLI command: 'no ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.x.x.1"

Regards.

I checked, but now it says something else. I had to reconfigure switch via another VLAN where we have DHCP for temporary solution over the weekend. Will update on monday when I can locally connect to switch and delete current default gateway from DHCP.

Anyway. I checked earlier today and we had no ip route configured in “show running”. I didn’t check with “show ip route all” command, will do that on monday.

Thank you so far.

Also, is this normal, that we see IP addres under routing protocol?

For me it doesn’t make any sense, IP is not routing protocol :slight_smile:

KR

This is funny.

PSESW050# ping 8.8.8.8

--- 8.8.8.8 Ping Statistics ---
0 Packets Transmitted, 0 Packets Received, 0% Packets Loss
% Ping Failed - (sendto/Packet Allocation)

% Ping Failed - (sendto/Packet Allocation)

PSESW050# show ip route all

Codes: C - connected, S - static, R - rip, O - ospf,
IA - OSPF inter area, N1 - OSPF NSSA external type 1,
N2 - OSPF NSSA external type 2, E1 - OSPF external type 1,
E2 - OSPF external type 2

S 0.0.0.0/0  [1/1] via 172.xxx.1
C 172.xxxx.0/24 is directly connected, vlanxxx
C 192.168.0.0/24 is directly connected, mgmt0

It worked once, from a PC that is not connected to this SW, after reboot, it doesn’t work at all. What is going on? :slight_smile:

KR

Hello,

The display you showed is improper. It will be fixed in the next release.

Regarding the ping failure, I see that the switch failed to send any ICMP when pinging 8.8.8.8 from the switch. You also showed the default gateway is present in the switch. Please also run the command ‘show ip arp’ when ping fails. I would like a remote session to investigate further.

Thank you!

Ok.

Tomorrow I am not in the office, can you send me your email so we can arrange remote session?

Kind regards

Hello,

Please raise a Cambium Support ticket for tracking. I will look for the ticket and arrange a remote session.

I can be contacted via tng100@cambiumnetworks.com.

Thanks.

1 Like

Ticket number: 234204

KR

Hi Anze,

For the ping 8.8.8.8 failure, we replicated the symptom using your running-config. As a workaround, please run the following commands:

config terminal
ip routing
interface vlan 299
shut
no shut
end
write startup-config

Hi all.

To let everyone else know the end of this. After some additional testing and consulting with cnMatrix developers, there is a bug with IP routing feature.
I had to save configuration and reboot to able to configure default route, after that it works as it should. You should have “ip routing” enabled until they fix it.
Nothing major, but I guess we were the lucky one with a few specific steps that lead us right into this bug.

Thank you to all from Cambium Support!

Kind regards

2 Likes