Syncing with Tarana

Hello, we have recently deployed some Tarana AP’s near some of our Cambium 3.6 sites. When we first put them up we didn’t see much of a issue but as we have added more subs it seems to have gotten worse. Does anyone have any experience syncing Tarana with Cambium, I’m trying to figure out if the issues are related to sync/timing or just interference. Our current settings are Max Range: 15mile, Frame Period: 5ms, Channel Bandwidth: 20, Contention Slots: 5, Downlink Data Rate: 75%. Any advice is appreciated.

There are operators that are successfully sync’ing 450 with Tarana… at least for adjacent channel use (no guard band)… reports of success with frequency reuse is more fuzzy, with operators claiming that it doesn’t work for some reason. Examples and testing data is scarce. That being said, I’d encourage you to carefully read this write up on sync’ing PMP450m 3GHz/CBRS with 4G LTE… and from there, you should be able to use what you’ve learned from that, along with this Tarana sync white paper I’ve attached to start trying things out.
Tarana Frame Alignment Offset.pdf (1.1 MB)

1 Like

Thanks for the info Eric, its been hard to find anything on Tarana. Will give these a read!