TDD PtP vs ePTP

I was using TDD for a PtP link, but decided that wasn't the best, so I moved to ePTP, but then saw another setting for TDD PtP, so which should I be using really? What the advantages/tradeoffs?

ePTP mode designed to provide higher throughput and lower latency on PTP links, but GPS sync is not supported in ePTP mode.

So ePTP mode is recommended solution for every PTP link, except links where GPS sync is required.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks very much for that info.  That was really helpful as I was just seeking further clarification on those options.  Some more questions to add with reference to GPS synch options for this.

If one was to use the GPS synch TDD PTP version (i.e. the Force 110 PTP), where would one mount the GPS antenna on the Force 110 dish?  Unlike the Cambium ePMP sector antennas which has the provisions for the GPS antenna puck, there appears to be no provisions for the GPS antenna.  Any recommendations on placement on the dish or is there an area reserved for the GPS antenna?

Also, would GPS synch be required if you are co-locating on the same tower site where you're currently using the ePMP GPS synch?  That is, if we have a sector with 4 ePMP APs, using GPS synch?  Would this most likely be a candidate for the GPS option? 

Are there any recommendations on channel planning using the TDD PTP GPS synch when colocating with an ePMP sectors  with GPS synch turned ON.   For instance, ePMP GPS synch sectors have the option of Front Sector/Back Sector selection.

Regards.

Hi all,

I'am trying to apply an MIR profile on my PTP link, us you know we don't have MIR profile with ePTP Master mode so i have to use TDD PTP mode. Can this impact my link?

What are the advantages and the inconveniences of this mode?

TDD mode has some additional latency but can be synced with PTMP mode radios. (if its a GPS enabled master radio).  and like you sited with the qos profile. those are the core differences. 

1 Like