Test configuration option in ePMP

A test button would be very beneficial. We frequently run into situations where we want to move a customer to another sector, or change the IP in a customer radio. What usually happens is a number is omitted, or the wrong info is put on the radio, and after applying we no longer have access and have to roll a truck. I am fully aware that configs should be double checked before applying, but this would save lots of headaches over simple mistakes.

Image result for give it to me gif

Seriously though, this would be awesome

Image result for pick me gif

@Tandr06 wrote:

A test button would be very beneficial. We frequently run into situations where we want to move a customer to another sector, or change the IP in a customer radio. What usually happens is a number is omitted, or the wrong info is put on the radio, and after applying we no longer have access and have to roll a truck. I am fully aware that configs should be double checked before applying, but this would save lots of headaches over simple mistakes.

Not just an 'idea', but really it is a 100% necessary basic feature.

Another nice feature suggestion would be in this 'ideas' forum... having a way to combine the dozens of similar idea threads.  If there are 10 threads each suggesting the same (or essentially similar) features, and each one has 5 KUDO's... is that 5 or is it 50, or it's it 18 kudos with some overlap and some different?  Of course, if the idea threads never get looked at or 'reviewed', then I guess it doesn't matter.

ON THE UPSIDE:  Version 4.3.1-RC21 has a 'Ping Watchdog' feature - where it can reboot if it's unable to ping an entered IP after and entered amount of time... and that is just a breath away from a 'Test' feature... so I'm thinking we'll see this feature pretty soon. :)

I agree, all the major brands have this feature, it has saved me from a long drive in the past...

This has been a requested feature since about 2015 as far as I can tell...

Is Cambium just not interested?

I for one honestly cannot understand why this wouldn't be a standard feature.

We might be slow reviewing and closing customer ideas on the community forum, but this feature is available for couple month since 4.4 release.

There is a new little button next to “Save” called “Trial config”. It will temporary apply configuration and save it only if you confirm.

Thanks,
Dmitry