Throughput issues with 5.8 ap/sm advantage

I have several advantage sm that link to an advantage ap on 5.7. I have a 20mb fiber connection to internet and when I access behind the sm , I am not able to get full bandwidth. The sm are running 2x mode and my signal levels are in teh -60 to -70 range. This AP has 5 sm registered to it. The other 2 Ap at the site have 10 sm and 3 sm registered. I am running 8.2.7 code. Anyone had any issues with getting full bandwidth?

what kind of bandwidth ARE you seeing?

Aggregate bandwidth will be limited to
-7Mbps sustained with a Standard AP and Standard SM
-14Mbps burst/7Mbps sustained with an Advantage AP and standard SM
-14Mbps sustained with an Advantage AP and Advantage SM

Is that 14mb/s sustained to each sm that is registered to that AP? or is it 14mb/s apread across all the sm registered? I guess I want to know can the ap talk to multiple sm at 14mb/s? So if I have a 50mb/s pipe out I could service 3 sm at 14mb/s? Thanks for the replies.

I know someone asked how much I am seeing, and I see anywhere from 1 mb/s up to 4 mb/s…All gear is advantage that I use.

along5664 wrote:
Is that 14mb/s sustained to each sm that is registered to that AP? or is it 14mb/s apread across all the sm registered? I guess I want to know can the ap talk to multiple sm at 14mb/s? So if I have a 50mb/s pipe out I could service 3 sm at 14mb/s? Thanks for the replies.

I know someone asked how much I am seeing, and I see anywhere from 1 mb/s up to 4 mb/s....All gear is advantage that I use.

Nope, 14mb aggregate, so that's the max the AP can handle at once.

You do get the benefit of over-subscription. It’s not likely that every SM will be trying to use all 14Mbps at the same time.

However you are only going to see 14Mbps if the SM is in 2X mode which requires that the SM signal level at the AP and at the SM is at least 10dB above the noise floor.

In 1X mode you will see 7Mbps aggregate - if the AP is set to 75% downlink, your max download speed will be about 5Mbps.

all of this is on the manual.

Thanks much for the reply and answer…That help explain a few issues I have seen, now time to balance out sm to ap…