Tools > Network Connectivity > Ping - Latency?

The ping tool does not show any latency information. This is critical information for ping tests.

Also, the maximum count listed is only 10. I'd like to see at least 100 and possibly significantly higher to help monitor for problems while working on other parts of a system.

Otherwise, I'm excited about the tool.

Thank you, 

Chris

You should've posted your comments under "Ideas" for future releases

Thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps I did not phrase it well. I did not intend to make this seem like an "idea".

Latency as part of a ping test is a requirement for this situation. I could not find it displayed, which appears to be an error that should be resolved.

The request additional ping counts can be considered an idea.

I'm happy to see new test functions and details implemented in cnMaestro. It has taken a while, but the product is coming along nicely.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for providing more details about the issue. I believe you are referring to Round-trip time (RTT)) details not being shown in ping result. We quickly checked the issue locally and found that RTT details are not captured in result if buffer size is set to less than 10. We will change default buffer size to 10 so that by default RTT details are captured.

Regarding increase in packet count, we are limited by what is supported on device platform as actual command is executed on device. So if you are referring to an ePMP device, we have to live with max packet count to 10 as this is the max supported on ePMP devices.

Please refer to below screenshot capturing RTT details:

@Cambium_Ajay wrote:

I believe you are referring to Round-trip time (RTT)) details not being shown in ping result. We quickly checked the issue locally and found that RTT details are not captured in result if buffer size is set to less than 10. We will change default buffer size to 10 so that by default RTT details are captured.

Excellent! Thank you for pointing that out. I'd suggest the default buffer size set to 32 since that seems to be a typical default for ping functions.

@Cambium_Ajay wrote:

Regarding increase in packet count, we are limited by what is supported on device platform as actual command is executed on device. So if you are referring to an ePMP device, we have to live with max packet count to 10 as this is the max supported on ePMP devices.

Can it be increased for R200/R201 devices?

Thank you, Chris

Sure Chris. We will change default buffer size to 32. Let me check supported packet count for R200/R201 and will revert back to you.