Training in Seattle

Anyone going to the training in Seattle? I’ll be there.

Jerry Richardson wrote:
Anyone going to the training in Seattle? I'll be there.

yep iam going

Which training sessions are you guys going to? When I went to the Canopy Roundup in Tuscon last September the training sessions were not that great. Hopefully they have improved on them since then.

The other thing that was disapointing was that the sessions didn’t deal with 900mhz much at all, the hands on labs were all 2.4 or 5.2 radios and fairly fundamental stuff.

The advanced (prizm/bam) training class was a big disappointment to the attendees as well. I still have the PPT files from both sessions.

I was considering going to the advanced session that was focused on the element management system, but considering the experience I had in AZ I doubt they are going to be up to speed on the new prizm ems system and that would be a waste of my time.

The best thing about the round up in Tuscon was the food and the nice leather note book moto gave out :?

how much are these classes? there is a place where i can get more documentation on them?

vince wrote:
how much are these classes? there is a place where i can get more documentation on them?

http://motorola.canopywireless.com/support/training/

well its going to cost me around $5000 so it better be good
mikeg wrote:
Which training sessions are you guys going to? When I went to the Canopy Roundup in Tuscon last September the training sessions were not that great. Hopefully they have improved on them since then.

The other thing that was disapointing was that the sessions didn't deal with 900mhz much at all, the hands on labs were all 2.4 or 5.2 radios and fairly fundamental stuff.

The advanced (prizm/bam) training class was a big disappointment to the attendees as well. I still have the PPT files from both sessions.

I was considering going to the advanced session that was focused on the element management system, but considering the experience I had in AZ I doubt they are going to be up to speed on the new prizm ems system and that would be a waste of my time.

The best thing about the round up in Tuscon was the food and the nice leather note book moto gave out :?

iam taking all of them from 100 to 400

jerry what training sessions are you taking??

I am considering becoming one of the trainers. I’ll be there for at least the 100 and 200 to determine if I think it’s a good fit. I may stay for the rest.

mikeg wrote:

The other thing that was disapointing was that the sessions didn't deal with 900mhz much at all, the hands on labs were all 2.4 or 5.2 radios and fairly fundamental stuff.

We would love to hear what improvements y'all would like to see! It could help improve the class... Using the 5.2/5.8 radios in class is simply a matter of convenience (so we don't have to carry 4 (soon, perhaps, 5) different APs and increase the equipment complexity).

Last year in Tucson there were 2 days of courses: Our company taught CPT200 (2 days, itself) and another group taught the roll-out of CPT300 (Advanced Canopy) on Thursday and CPT400 (Prizm/Bam) on Friday...Two totall different groups

CPT200 is still a technical *introduction* to the system, but we'd love suggestions (folks have got to start somewhere...some folks want to plug-it-in-and-play...some want a classroom experience...)

This spring our company took-over the development and delivery of the CPT300 and CPT400 classes:

CPT300 is so different that you wouldn't recognize it (last year was 57 slides, is now 160; last year 'no' VLAN, now we show "using VLAN as a basis of several services", etc.)

CPT400 is the Prizm/BAM course - includes discussions on 2.0 (taught by a Prizm consultant/user). We still talk-about/teach BAM as a separate product in *some* of the slides because not everyone will/has upgrade(d) to 2.0, but it is a 2.0 focus...

If you attend, but don't like the course, then leave the book and totally delete the files that are handed out and you don't get billed...we won't even charge you for the pasteries in the morning...we "will" ask you, instead, to put your suggestions in as to what should be changed to make the class "better"...

In almost 2 years we have had less than 2% of students total tell us it wasn't for them and that they wanted their money refunded...

Hope this helps...

good to hear hopeing to learn alot

We use the same technique -

"If, after two weeks you are not completely satisfied with the service, we will refund everything you have paid"

This is a proven technique in marketing called “risk reversal”. It puts the otus on the provider to do the job right and shows that the provider has confidence in the product or service.

I have yet to have to give the money back.