Trouble connecting with Cambium Force 200

I am trying to connect two Cambium Force 200 devices together to send camera footage from a garage to a house.

The first Force 200 I had set up as an "Acccess Point" and the second Force 200 I had set up as a "Subscriber Module" and the two devices can connect to each other very easily. I can reach the SM from the AP but I cant locally connect to the SM via a switch.

How I have the mock setup as is there is ethernet coming from my office and into the AP then the AP is connecting with the SM. The SM is plugged into a switch and in that switch I have a camera but I cannot see anything past the SM.

I have checked the cat 5 and the switch, both of these are fine and I feel that I am just missing a step. Does anyone know what I might be overlooking/not doing to get the SM to transmit data?

Thank you

Hi Jhippleheuser,

Please check one more time Switch hardware and Switch settings.

Also please verify whether ePMP device has proper Networking configuration.

Thank you.

Hi,

May I what type of switch is that? Is it a maanagable or unmanagable switch? 

If it is managable, is there any Vlan configured on that? 

Does the SM and Camera are in the same vlan or different ?

Regards,

Vijay Gnanamurtthi

Your switch isn't the problem, this is what you should do....

On the AP Radio Go to HOME → CONFIGURATION → NETWORK SCROLL DOWN A LITTLE BIT, YOU WILL FIND ADVANCE THEN CLICK ON ETHERNET AND WIRELESS THEN SAVE .

Hello, I have force 200 with firmware version 2.4.3-RC16 is there any need to upgrade this firmware ? and how do i do that if it is required to upgrade ?

Hi,

Yes, you should upgrade.  Many new features and improvements have been made.  The current release on the support web site is 2.6.2.  Here is the URL to get the software:

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/

Daniel Sullivan