unknown unicast

How does cambium (epmp 2000) work with unknown unicast? Somebody had  work with this? Are  problems with routing unknown unicast packages?

We have the same problem. Please help, experts. We have network L2, on the epmp 2000, and force 200, and units  on the QNX after SM force 200. The unit on the QNX, transmits packages only 1 minutes, after start, and then listen. IF BS reboot, conection with our units stoped, because the BS epmp 2000 dont have a mac-adress. Epmp 2000 dont do "unknown unicast forwarding" , and we mast go, and reboots our units. And then they transmits package 1 minnutes again, and conection resumes. The units QNX dont have IP level. How we can enable "unknown unicast forwarding".

Clearing your router's ARP entry for your QNX device will bring it back online.  Alternativly, if you don't want to log into your router and clear arp entries you can put your QNX devices on a dedicated VLAN/Sub-interface and set a low ARP timeout for that sub-interface.  After the ARP entry for the QNX device times out, the router will broadcast an ARP request, the QNX device will reply, and all will start working again.

The reason I suggest a dedicated sub-interface is just to keep the ARP broadcast chatter down.  But if you don't have a lot of devices on your L2 network, you can just lower the ARP timeout on the router interface.

We dont have IP level (L3), we have only mac level (L2). QNX dont have IP addresses. Our SM work in bridge mode. We need unknown unicat forwarding from qnx to qnx via "L2 net" epmp .

Ok, take my response and just replace the word "QNX" whith whatever your L3 device is.

Unknown unicast packets forwarding has been enabled by default in TDD PTP mode long time ago.
Starting 4.3.2 this option will be supported for .11n radios in TDD PMP mode and starting 4.4 for .11ac radios.

Thank you

1 Like

@Fedor wrote:
Unknown unicast packets forwarding has been enabled by default in TDD PTP mode long time ago.
Starting 4.3.2 this option will be supported for .11n radios in TDD PMP mode and starting 4.4 for .11ac radios.

Thank you

It is very good news, that option is enabled on default ????

No, it’s disabled by default for TDD PTP mode, but can be enabled from UI.

Thank you.

"No, it’s disabled by default for TDD PTP mode, but can be enabled from UI."

I need it`s option in PTMP on the base station epmp 2000 to evry client. Can i ebable this option in base station??

Option is available on AP and it is applied to every SM when enabled.

Thank you.

"HI, this option work only in  clean network, windows pc with cambuim devices. But We have a switches - edge-core es 2100-10p, and it have function loopback  detection. When they work toogather, epmp 2000 with enable function 'unknown unicast forwarding' , and 'edge-core es 2100-10p', EPMP 2000 blocking  all trafic.  Also, we have QNX devises in this network. When enabled  this option 'unknown unicast forwarding'  all network is downs, if disable all becomes to work. 

We explored  this sitution,  and learned all problem is in types of trafic, looks like function loopback detection. When we disabled  loopback detection, in room all  works, but in  real conditions dont work, beacause there is, more types of trafic,  looks like function loopback detection, with disabled option 'unknown unicast forwarding' all works good.

We really need this feature 'unknown unicast forwarding'  in our project, but it dont work. Please help."

Hi,

I understand you are using ePMP for the industrial application. Can you please contact our support team to go through the case so we can troubleshoot your scenario?

Thanks,

Dmitry