Upgrade problems from 4.5.6 to 4.6.2

I’ve been attempting to upgrade a few units with problems with the units randomly hard rebooting themselves. After attempting to do so I get the following errors on the AP and the units are constantly disconnecting instead of just randomly now. Keep in mind these units have been in the wild for well over a year. Why am I getting INVALID SECURITY KEY? and if someone could advise what AP KEEP ALIVE RX STUCK is ? Force 300s connected to Force 1000 AP all have been functioning for quite some time.

Mar 30 12:51:37 kernel: disassociated. Reason: AP KEEP ALIVE RX STUCK
Mar 30 12:52:06 kernel: disassociated. Reason: INVALID SECURITY KEY
Mar 30 12:52:46 kernel: disassociated. Reason: INVALID SECURITY KEY
Mar 30 12:53:16 kernel: disassociated. Reason: INVALID SECURITY KEY
Mar 30 12:55:06 kernel: disassociated. Reason: AP KEEP ALIVE RX STUCK
Mar 30 12:57:37 kernel: disassociated. Reason: AP KEEP ALIVE RX STUCK
Mar 30 13:04:03 kernel: disassociated. Reason: AP KEEP ALIVE RX STUCK
Mar 30 13:06:34 kernel: disassociated. Reason: AP KEEP ALIVE RX STUCK

This is a known issue that requires at least 4.6.1 to fix. The problem is now you have to truck roll to each affected SM and upgrade locally.
You will want to prevent the radio from connecting to the AP to keep it happy while upgrading but this is not always a requirement.
Also, hard reboots are a power issue, make sure you have some sort of guaranteed power (we have a DC adapter to plug a 12v battery into the radio for this) to ensure the radio does not have power issues while the upgrade is being performed.

So I need to upgrade to 4.6.1 to fix 4.6.2? I’m confused why I would be going backwards. Why is 4.6.2 in stable?

4.6.2 is “stable” as in no more changes being made. Some of us have found 4.6.2 to not work well in our conditions, besides that I said at least 4.6.1. Your problem as stated is from 4.5.6, so the firmware that fixes your problem is 4.6.1.

You can choose to use 4.6.2, but I would still step through 4.6.1 is your having issues getting 4.6.2 to upload.

4.6.2 uploads and upgrades but I get those errors and the unit is unusable afterwards. I guess i’ll stay at 4.5.6 for now. Waiting on support to read through my support files for the other problem I’m having which prompted why I upgraded in the first place.

have you tried 4.6.1?

No I have not. Just a little confused as to why 4.6.2 is still out there if there are known issues. I’ll see about trying 4.6.1 on the units that were brought back unusable.

4.6.2 is stable but not in every environment. This is why I am suggesting 4.6.1 which we had to stop at because 4.6.2 was not working for us. Other operators have no problems with 4.6.2

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.