Upgrading from 7.3.6 to 8.2

I am trying to update a 5.2GHz - Multipoint - Subscriber Modem from 7.3.6 using CNUT 2.2
It keeps telling me that the SM needs to be in hardware scheduling mode.
I think it is. I guess I need help to put it in hardware mode or to verify that it is.

Log into the radio’s web configuration. On the Configuration page, under Scheduling (very near the top in the right pane) it should have “Hardware” selected.

Also - I believe the approved upgrade path from 7.3.6 to 8.2 is to first update the radios to 8.1.4, then 8.1.5.1, then 8.2. Correct me if I am wrong on this, guys.

The release notes state that you can go from 7.36 -> 8.1.5.1 -> 8.2.

I don’t want to sound mean, but I’d suggest a lot more reading before attempting to do these upgrades. Going from software to hardware scheduling is a complicated task and things need to be done in a certain order. If done incorrectly it could require a truck-roll to every single one of your end-users.

You need to go from 7.3.6>8.1.4>8.1.5.

If you skip a version your SM’s could lose there calibration settings. This happened to about 1% of our radios and when talking to Tech support they avidly told us not to skip the middle version.

–SDH

7.3.6 to 8.x…

Is it really an upgrade???

Have you ever gone from 8.xxx to 7.3.6? I have an AP that is rebooting every hour ever since I upgraded to 8.2. I have gone back to 8.5.1 and 8.1.4 with the same results for both.

I’m going to try and go back to 7.3.6 but I’m not sure if this will cause even more problems. Any thoughts?

I have, on the radios that lose there calibration settings we have to downgrade from 8.1.5 to 7.3.6, fix the calibration settings and restart the upgrade cycle, making sure we do not skip any F/W builds.

–SDH

Well, I went back to 7.3.6 and the AP has been stable for 4 hours now. I wonder what makes this AP not accept the 8.xxx firmware?

I’m going to try to get it to 8.2 but this time I wont skip 8.1.4.

How can I determine whether or not calibration is “off”?

I had upgraded from 7.3.6 -> 8.2 last night on one of my SMs.

Thanks

- Rich

7.3.6 to 8.1.5 to 8.2 is recommended…

For me 7.3.6 has been the most stable software.
I am upgrading to 8.1.5 to see but…
some radios lost some configuration parameters(frecs) on the upgrade and had to send truck roll.

BH-8.1.5
After i upgrade a pair of BH20 to 8.1.5, they seem to pull 12 megs agregate!!(7.42Mbpsdown/4.40Mbps up at 50%) nice, but today they blocked and hat to reset. I am trying to see if it has something to to with the upgrade…

I suppose the question would be… ??? Did you upgrade to 8.1.4 first???.. I found that if I did this first the units had no problems… with out it there were issues. AP would re-boot regularly, etc.

Try down grading to 7.3.6, then back up to 8.1.4, then go to 8.1.5 might be something getting lost in the upgrade if you leave 8.1.4 out…

I have found that 8.2 settles some of the ethernet drop issues I had on some of the P10 units as well (if you have any)

Good Luck

CM