Upgrading from Canopy OS 6.1

I have several SM’s that are still running Canopy Software version 6.1 and earlier. I need to upgrade these units to at least 7.3.6 and possibly beyond. All the units I am attempting to upgrade are P8 and P9 units running AES encryption. I understand that the P8 units will not be upgradable beyond 7.3.6. I have copies of CNUT 1.10, 2.20 and 3.12. The problem I am having is that I can not get CNUT 1.1 to install as it hangs when it tries to install the perl libraries. I have Active Perl 5.10 installed and downloaded from the Microsoft web site a copy of Nmake 1.50 and placed it in the C:'Perl’Bin directory. The installation of CNUT 1.10 continued to hang saying that is was not able to install the following libraries:

Archive-Tar-1.08
Canopy-Utility-Lib
libwww-perl-5.76
Net-Ping-2.31
Net-Ping-External-0.11
Net-SNMP-4.1.2
Net-Telnet-3.03
Net-TFTP-3.03
Net-TFTP-0.16
Canopy-null-Lib
Canopy-UI-Lib
IO-String-1.06

I attempted to building and install the libraries manually but could not build the following libraries:

Net-Ping-2.31
Archive-Tar-1.08
Net-SNMP-4.1.2

Each of these libraries failed when I ran: NMake test

At some point I gave up and tried to re-install CNUT 2.20 which now will not re-install. The installation of CNUT 2.20 fails as the installation path is not complete placing a NULL at the end of the path.

does anyone have any ideas on how I can get CNUT 1.10 to install and how to re-install 2.20 once I am finished using 1.10.

all SM’s are able to upgrade to 9.x only AP/BH’s have the limitation to not be able to upgrade past 7.3.6 if they are P8 or less

Install 3.x, then install 1.x into a different folder.