Using force 180 as a client to routers

I have a cambium force 180 and i want to be able to connect to open wifi networks around me, is it possible?

1 Like

Yes, set it to "Standard WiFi" under Configuration > Radio > General > Driver Mode. Make sure the WiFi AP you are trying to connect to has WDS enabled. 

1 Like

How do i scan for ap around me, because after doing that i don’t see any network around

1 Like

Are the APs broadcasting thier SSIDs? Are the APs set to support 802.11n because the Force 180 is 802.11n. Is WDS enabled on the AP? What do you see under Monitor > Wireless on the Force 180?

1 Like

Yes they are broadcasting their ssid, they are mikrotik routers and there’s nothing under monitor > wireless it just keeps saying “scanning…”

1 Like

Hi,

Please make sure AP is operating same bandwidth and frequency band with sleceted on SM for scanning.

Thank you.

1 Like

After setting to standard wifi and saving the config, assuming your force 180 is 5GHz, I had to reboot the force 180 to get it to see my wifi AP.
Make sure you have both the 20MHz and 40MHz scan list checked and select all frequencies. Disable 5 and 10mhz scan lists.

2 Likes