I have a few simple installation questions that I hope you can help me with.
I have a pretty simple setup right now.
3 buildings - 1 in the middle with 1 V5000 and 2 more around with 1 V3000 each.
Building 1 - left
Building 2 - center
Building 3 - right
Link one = Building 1 V3000 <–> Building 2 V5000 Sector 1, about 150m
- Channel 4 (best for maintaining high link quality when it rains, correct?)
Line two = Building 2 V5000 Sector 2 <–> Building 3 V3000, about 100m
- Channel 1
Now the questions:
- Because both links are on different channels
a) Doesn’t matter the Golay code for the respective devices, correct? Just set all to 1?
b) Is there anything to watch out for with polarity?
- Everyone at EVEN?
- Or V5000 on EVEN and the 2 V3000 on ODD?
- Wireless Security - does it affect speed if activated? (PSK)
- Scheduled BEAM Adjustment - does it really bring down the link for ~2 minutes? As we are in a Rain&Snow-heavy region I would like to activate it … but we can’t afford to have the link down for 2 Minutes every other day or so … any recommendation?
Especially when it comes to polarity, I’m a little undecided …?!?
Since the links serve as pure Layer 2 bridges, there are no other special features to consider as far as I can see, right?
A lab test setup of the installation in my office is already running as requested. Links are UP, Layer 2 traffic flow works perfectly.
Thank you, best regards from Tyrol
ps) Really great devices, with which the deployment is really fun again!