Version 11.1

Has anyone had issues with 11.1 (on 900MHz only) causing constant re-reg’s? This starts usually within a day of the AP booting up, rebooting temporarily fixes this issue, then the problem comes back.

Downgrading back to 11.0.1 fixes this. This is not a sync or interference issue. We are not having issues with this firmware on any other radio’s including 5.7, 2.4, 430’s, bh’s etc.

I’ve got a test running in the field. The AP has been up for 11 days 20 hours. Three clients (all running 10.5) one with a single session the whole time, one with 13 sessions, one with 26. (the 13-session user typically unplugs their SM each night)

So I’m not seeing the behavior you described, but am not yet running 11.1 on the SMs as well, just the AP.

j

The sites that we’ve seen this happen at have multiple 900’s on the same tower (and not all of them do it)… it almost seems like something on the timing changed causing them to interfere with themselves. SM’s are still running 11.0.1

We had to go back to 11.0.1 on our 900 as well. Worked fine for a few days are so and then one by one 900 AP started to have problems keeping SM registered. Looked like major interference. Dropped back to 11.0.1 and all was good again. All SM were still on 11.0.1.

I ran this firmware on a single 57 AP which my house is connected to and had the same problem. I went from 10.5 to 11.1 and previously would go weeks without a re-reg. With 11.1 I had around 3000 in a 10 day period. I have since gone back to 10.5.

Curious, is anyone running 11.1 and not having problems? This seems like a major issue for Motorola to release it if it’s common.

I had this same problem on 2.4 P9 Advantage AP with 22 sessions. Went back to 11.0.1 and problem went away.

We experienced the same problem in the 5.2 and 5.7 frequency ranges. Rolled everything back to 11.01 and it works.

pcpolo wrote:
Curious, is anyone running 11.1 and not having problems? This seems like a major issue for Motorola to release it if it's common.

I have several sites running 11.1 with no issues. One is a cluster of 3 APs all running 11.1 with 15 to 30 SMs (depending on the direction) also all running 11.1

Virtually all the SMs on that site have a session count of 1 in 7 days. There are a couple that have high reg counts but they were like that on 9.5, 10.5, and 11.01