Version 9.0 rebooting AP

I have an AP 900, Hardware 9, and I upgraded the unit to version 9.00 from version 7.3.6 because version 8.2.2 was very unstable.

Now the unit will reboot if I try to login via HTTP.
I can not downgrade the unit using CNUT because again it will reboot.

The hardware is ok because I can login in it via Telnet. It will not reboot if I use telnet. I can see all the commands. I can also see that the Boot image is the same as Flash Alternate Image.

I would like instructions on how to recover the AP back. Using TFTP ot FTP to upload a working image.

I called Motorola and get this “Scrap the Radio”. I don’t think this is a good idea.

All I need is real engineering support.

Can anyone can help?

Can I bypass the initial screen and go direct to configuration and see if that help?

The proper upgrade path is from 7.3.6 in HW sched. mode-> 8.1.5.1-> 8.24 or 8.2.7 -> 9.0

Yep I think you bricked your AP

Reload the unit using CNUT after booting with factory default plug.

-Louis

No, still not working.

I don’t think the unit is a Brick, I notice the AP is working! :shock:

I can’t get in the unit to configure it.

Motorola Canopy Division has the best tecnical support ever!
Thats what they think.

jwelch wrote:
The proper upgrade path is from 7.3.6 in HW sched. mode-> 8.1.5.1-> 8.24 or 8.2.7 -> 9.0

Yes I notice after the f up!

I would of scrap the unit if it was a subscriber, but the AP $$$?

I have the same… almost… issue. I upgraded an AP from 8.2.2 to 9.0 unit was working fine before the upgrade… now keeps loosing the enet connection.
I’ve tried to down grade …in the correct sequence to 7.3.6 and still have the same issue… NUTS sounds like I lost an AP… works for a while then dies, must power off reboot to get back. In 15 min it dies again…

You certainly have more patience than I do with these matters. If I have a unit that is acting up in any manor like the aforementioned posts, I immediately replace the unit and worry about “recovery” in lab. I don’t mess around with production APs because the recurring revenue is far more valuable than the unit itself.

wifiguy wrote:
You certainly have more patience than I do with these matters. If I have a unit that is acting up in any manor like the aforementioned posts, I immediately replace the unit and worry about "recovery" in lab. I don't mess around with production APs because the recurring revenue is far more valuable than the unit itself.

It's not in "production" the unit is in the lab, waiting for tech support, from some very smart person who know how to send the image file via ftp or tftp, or just restore the unit to factory or something.

Apologies for the assumptions. My bad.

What is the output of the bootinfo command in telnet? If the images do not all match I have had success typing in fpga_conf and having it update that way.

This is the info

bootinfo

Reading Boot Header Info…
RAM Image
Signature 434F4445
CodeSize 000B1EB8
CheckSum 05AB16E4
CompressedSize 000AA6B5
InflatedSize 001E4D98
Version .SVM;9.SVm;0.SVB;official.SVW;F.IT;MPC860.SVT;16:02.SVD;10/07/200

Flash Alternate Image
Signature 434F4445
CodeSize 000B1EB8
CheckSum 05AB16E4
CompressedSize 000AA6B5
InflatedSize 001E4D98
Version .SVM;9.SVm;0.SVB;official.SVW;F.IT;MPC860.SVT;16:02.SVD;10/07/200

I received good tech support from Motorola, issued is fixed and I don’t have to scrap the unit.

What was the solution?

wifiguy wrote:
What was the solution?

They sent me a bin file to upload to the AP via the ftp command.