Video contest: PTP Demanding Installations

Post your video on PTP Demanding Installations to this thread in March, and have a chance to win PTP equipment. Submit your videos from March 01 - March 31.

Prizes for the March 2016 contest:

• First Place: PTP 650 link + branded gear
  • Second Place: PTP 450i link + branded gear
  • Third Place: Two ePMP Force 200 modules + branded gear
  • Fourth Place: Branded gear

Here’s how the contest works:

• The contest topic is announced mid-January (today) and the discussion thread is opened. Network operators begin planning and creating their videos.
  • Network operators can start posting links to their videos on March 01 through March 31, 2016 to this thread. You must be a member of the Community to post, and anyone can join the Community HERE.
  • Winners will be determined by the number of Kudos given by all Community members to each submitted video. Find out how to give kudos to a post HERE. Voting ends at midnight March 31, 2016, and the winner will be announced in April 2016.
  • In the event of a tie, multiple prizes will be awarded, for the top videos. For example, if there is a three way tie for first place, three first place prizes will be awarded, and the next highest submission will receive a fourth place prize.
  • Winners will need to send in source video files to redeem their prizes.

Details:

• Cambium Networks employees are not eligible to submit videos for the contest. Cambium Networks partners and resellers are eligible to participate in the contest.
  • All photos and videos must be original and not violate copyright.
  • You can enter as many videos as you like. An individual customer can only win one prize per contest.
  • By entering the Contest, you grant us an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to use your video in any way related to this contest or in the promotion of Cambium Networks, and its products or services. You also agree that you are not entitled to any royalties or other compensation or get your approval in connection with any use made by Cambium Networks.
  • Cambium Networks reserves the right to change contest rules and guidelines.
7 Likes

Start planning your winning video now, and do the filming and editing in the coming weeks. Plan to submit your video to this thread in early March, and collect Kudos from Community members. Voting is open March 01 to March 31, and the videos with the highest kudo count win.

Good Luck!

It's February, so you have a short month to plan, film, and produce your video. Dont forget, you can post them on March 01, and the voting starts right away. Give yourself the best chance to win by having your video posted for the full month of March.

You can start posting your videos to this thread next week on March 01!

Any member can give a kudo to any video that you like - the videos that have the most Kudos by the end of the month on March 31 are the winners.

Be sure to give your kudo to the post with the video, and not the responses! We will only look at the kudos for each video post.

You can give as many kudos as you like, but you can only give one to a video.

Thanks everyone for participating!

The contest is open! Please post your videos to this thread.

For all community members - give a "thumbs up" kudo to any video that you like. 

The four videos with the most Kudos at then end of the day on March 31 are the winners!

Have fun!

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTU9Ov7rkuI&feature=youtu.be

24 Likes

Hello, I participate being from Argentina?
Best regards

@dtassistro wrote:

Hello, I participate being from Argentina?
Best regards

Absolutely. All are welcome to participate. 

Hi folks, here I leave the first video of a PTP EPMP, is small but wanted to try before boarding. On the same site are installed 2 ptp5400 linking 2 cities 65 kms above the sea.
Tomorrow I upload them to the other side of the link and lis interests GPS coordinates.

I welcome your comments

Best regards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLSTc-9nTYA

6 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mBVgkL3IzQ

5 Likes

Nice little video of our PTP 450i deployment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ZAeRewflA&feature=youtu.be72.jpg

26 Likes

@dtassistro wrote:

Hi folks, here I leave the first video of a PTP EPMP, is small but wanted to try before boarding. On the same site are installed 2 ptp5400 linking 2 cities 65 kms above the sea.
Tomorrow I upload them to the other side of the link and lis interests GPS coordinates.

I welcome your comments

Best regards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLSTc-9nTYA

Just saw the video. You are using an integrated ePMP1000. What kind of distance are you covering and what kind of links are you getting?

Sakid

1 Like

Nathan,

What a great video, love the use of the drone and great to see the LINKPlanner being used and validating the link and performance. Helps make sure that you're getting the most out of that link!

Hello Sakid, if I use it as EPTP, to 1.86 miles (3 km) with these results
downlink
42,774 Mbps
Uplink
27,744 Mbps
Please consider, which is an area of very many interference, and the economic limitations of my country.
In this place there is another team with the same function (not put the video because although there are 2 54500 ptp making a beautiful link above the sea, there are also a couple of links of competition and would not be offended)
In fact the idea of uploading the video was because if you win could prove those teams above the sea, this time for me (I install them links but are not mine)
Greetings and if you want I can get on the links or images from the video above
And excuse my English

Thanks, Anthony. Had lot of fun with it. Tell everyone at Cambuim to give it a Kudo!

So I decided to give this a go. I think PNG qualifies for "demanding installations". Our issues range from crazy weather, site access issues (local villagers decide to hold the tower/equipment to ransom to get money) through to a corrupt regulator that sells licenced spectrum to the highest bidder! Welcome to PNG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXMUVijorOU
16 Likes

Hi Hux, 

Fantastic video. Thanks for sharing! PNG is a beautiful place once you look past all the challenges you described. We're so glad Cambium gives you and your business an edge. 

Thanks,

Sriram

Hi Hux,

This is a great story. Thank you for all the details on how it fits your unique environment.

What happened to that tower’s foot? O.O

Thanks Sriram and Ray. Its an amazing country to work in, but certainly not without its issues. I have only just got my drone, would have liked to do more footage with it but maybe next time.