VPN and Winbox disconnects

Found an issue with 4.4.3 and latest beta.
When CPE is in NAT mode traffic will seem to flow like normal BUT winbox / vpn connections will constantly fail and reconnect from BEHIND the CPE. I have enabled and disabled many of the settings and nothing seems to fix the issue BUT putting the CPE in bridge mode. Network is running OSPF/MPLS/VPLS.

This issue is on 2000 and 3000L AP's and CPEs models.
I have not rolled back to see when the issue stops on ePMP 2000 models.

The same behavior exhibits itself for customers running RDP sessions to a remote host behind a force 300 in nat mode.  The only solution is to bridge the CPE.  I've had a number of customers complain about this.

Hi,

Do you happen to have separate management interface VLAN with DHCP?

Thanks,

Dmitry

Dmitry,

Negative.

Public IP address to the CPE and then the CPE acts as NAT and DHCP no vlans for Data or Management.

Do you know if the issue correlates with DHCP client getting new lease after DHCP lease timeout?

Dmitry

Dmitry,

Lease time is 24hrs and this is constant disconnects within seconds of each other.

I too am not using a secondary management address on a different vlan.  If the radio is in nat mode it simply pulls an address via dhcp from the tower.

When the radios are in bridge mode we use a management vlan, but no data vlan.

The session drops do not seem to correlate with dhcp renewals, they aren't at any specific interval.

@dmitry does is there any way we can assit in helping Cambium with this issue? I would like to upgrade to 4.4.X but dont want to take every CPE out of NAT mode.

Hi,

It will be great to get remote access with the reproduce. Can you please shoot me an email at dmitry.moiseev@cambiumnetworks.com?

Thanks,

Dmitry