What does 'Idle' mean

2X means double-rate, so when using the hardware scheduler (HWS), you can get more then 14 Mbps throughput.
You can disable the 2X operation per sector on the AP or on each SM.

I’d recommend to read all the release notes starting 6.1 as there is description of each feature.

greggsmithjr wrote:
I only have 2 APs. One is generating sync and the the other is "Sync to Received Signal (Timing Port)" --- no CMM, I daisy chained the two APs.

Hi Greg,
Do you find that this method of timing your AP's works well? Also, have you tried it with 3 AP's?
I was thinking about setting up an AP to generate a Sync and use somekind of Y-cable to send a syc to the other 2 AP's?

Your reply would be very appreciated.

I use the timing port to daisy-chain APs and it works fine. I have done it with 6 APs (full 360 degree coverage) on the 5.7Ghz APs and it works great.

So, let me get this right…

1 AP is set to GENERATE SYNC.

The other AP’s are set to Sync to Received Signal (Timing Port)

If that is the case, HOW TO I MAKE THIS CABLE CONTRAPTION ?

The canopy support team can tell you how to do this … I don’t remember what the pin-out is.

The Remote AP application note in the URL below explains this:

http://motorola.canopywireless.com/supp … on=1&cat=7

Connect pins 1 and 6 of the rj-11 ports/jacks

Tonight I just found out that while the SM is IDLE, it appears to still be REGISTERED. We have 5-6 sm’s on a particular AP that went idle within 3-4 seconds of each other and still havent come back up. That was 4 hours ago. :oops:

Going to reboot the AP tonight. Canopy, can we work on this “idle” issue?