What is "Scheduling" and BER??

• What is the diference between Hardware Scheduling and Software Scheduling? What is the recommended?
    - What is AP Background BER Mode? It works on BackHaul mode?

pcolomes wrote:
- What is the diference between Hardware Scheduling and Software Scheduling? What is the recommended?
- What is AP Background BER Mode? It works on BackHaul mode?

These are pretty n00b questions that could be answered if you did some reading of the canopy docs yourself...

But i havnt delt with BER before i can comment on the hardware and software...

* Hardware (MOST PEOPLES PREFENCE) -- Will make the chips / hardware on the equipment do the work.
* Software (NOT AS STABLE) -- WIll make software with in the SM / AP do all the work and i think this does have some affect on your total bandwdith.

Thanks for your answer brucef, now it’s clerarer for me. I must add i made this questions because i couldn’t find a good explanation even on Canopy user guide. I’m sure this and all the question i make are pretty “n00b” because I’m pretty “n00b” using this devices, that’s why i’m searching for non-very-technical explanations.

My company just bought it some days ago and I’m trying to auto-learn everything I can by my own and this forums have been tremendous help on my research.

Thanks again brucef, now i have the basis to keep on searching information. :slight_smile:

There are no NOOB questions, just NOOB answers. Welcome to the Forums, this is where i have learned ALOT regarding this product.

I agree with Wireless, we learn from each other. I’m not sure if anyone know’s all the answers. But togther we come real close :slight_smile:

Thanks for such words, i really aprecciate them :slight_smile:

And…

brucef wrote:

* Hardware (MOST PEOPLES PREFENCE) – Will make the chips / hardware on the equipment do the work.
* Software (NOT AS STABLE) – WIll make software with in the SM / AP do all the work and i think this does have some affect on your total bandwdith.

This it means if I have BH to BH (BackHaul Point to Point) link it’s strongly recommended i always use Hardware Scheduling instead Software scheduling??

Could someone give a more detailed explanation? Thanks

Hardware scheduling will typicall provide higher stability and lower ping times.

Additionally with backhauls, if you are running in hardware scheduling mode, the BH will automatically lower the speed from 20 to 10 rather than just drop the link.

So, in a nutshell, run HW scheduling.

note: Moto is moving away from software scheduling based radios, so that should tell you something.

I always like reading Jerry’s replies :slight_smile:
thankz