what is the colour combination?

Hi Forum,
It looks stupid but i really need to know what is the color combination of a reset cable for an AP?
I am looking for solutions, please
Blink

white orange
white green
white blue
green
blue
orange

join the green and orange on the other end.

Or you take ONE wire from a peice of Ethernet cut it so it’s about 6inches long and then fold it in half and put one end of the wire into pin 4 and the other end into pin 6 of a 6 pin RJ11 end and then crimp it. You don’t need any of the other wires, plus this way doesn’t require any soldering.

or make a straight through cable (6pin plug), cut it in half, twist all the ends together.

instead of soldering you can spend about $1 and use a gel cap…

Hi Folks,
Thanks for your wonderful solutions, i got the color combination correct

white orange
white green
white blue
green
blue
orange
and the last 2 soldered but when i carried out the RESET procedure, the AP did not reset or i am not using the correct procedure?
I read the Canopy User Guide and it said to first insert the reset cable and after the ethernet cable and after that the Radio will come in it’s default and after my changes, take out the reset cable and reboot. Could some tell me if i am using the wrong procedure.
Do we have a 6 pin RJ11 connectors? i have not seen any. Or i should use a RJ45 connector for the solutions offered by Vince and frothingdog.ca and if what is the procedure ? please
Please i do need your solutions
Blink

The best default plug ever, right side of the picture.
http://columbiaisa.freespaces.com/usb_cable_a_b.jpg

This procedure is fully documented in the Operators Guide.

With that said, it’s an override, not a reset. Reset is a function in software and resets the unit to factory defaults. The way the override works is the AP looks for RJ11 pin 4 to be pulled low during boot up. RJ11 - Pin 6 jumps to pin 4 with a single strand of wire.

Plug the RJ11 into the timing port and reboot the AP, or just disconnect and reconnect the RJ45. When the AP reboots, there will be no password and the IP address will be 169.254.1.1 with a subnet of 255.255.0.0 and a gateway of 169.254.1.0

You can change any settings including the IP address and passwords. Unplug the RJ11 and reboot. Your changed settings will be active.

Note: When in override the RF Tx and Rx is not active.

Frothingdog.ca wrote:
Or you take ONE wire from a peice of Ethernet cut it so it's about 6inches long and then fold it in half and put one end of the wire into pin 4 and the other end into pin 6 of a 6 pin RJ11 end and then crimp it. You don't need any of the other wires, plus this way doesn't require any soldering.

This is the best way to make a default plug. Break off the tab on the RJ11 to make it easier to remove it from the timing port. Cheer!