what is the max capacity of a pmp 450 3.5 Ghz AP

what is the max capacity of a pmp 450 3.5 Ghz AP

Thanks

Hi Berno,

The max capacity of PMP 450 3.5 GHz radio is 190 Mbps per sector when using a 30 MHz channel.

Regards,
Yogesh Giriappa
Technical Support Engineer

Cambium Networks Global Customer Support

1 Like

Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for the reply is really helpful.

We are using 10 MHz Channel meaning we are looking at 60 Mbps per sector with the 10 MHz.

Regards

Isn't the PMP450 platform limited to about 70mbps TCP traffic due to CPU processor limitations? It is un-realastic to get more than 70mbps out of these no matter what channel size due to this (unless your running pure UDP traffic for security cams or something). That is why the 450i AP was introduced because it could deliver more TCP traffic since it had more processing power. But right now 450i is only availiable in 5ghz. But i assume in 2017 they will release a 450i for 3.65ghz.

@berno wrote:

Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for the reply is really helpful.

We are using 10 MHz Channel meaning we are looking at 60 Mbps per sector with the 10 MHz.

Regards

Correct, at the AP, you'll see around 60mbps aggragate assuming all clients are at 8X modulation.
1 Like

@kblazk wrote:

Isn't the PMP450 platform limited to about 70mbps TCP traffic due to CPU processor limitations? It is un-realastic to get more than 70mbps out of these no matter what channel size due to this (unless your running pure UDP traffic for security cams or something). That is why the 450i AP was introduced because it could deliver more TCP traffic since it had more processing power. But right now 450i is only availiable in 5ghz. But i assume in 2017 they will release a 450i for 3.65ghz.

I think you' re thinking of the 450 SM's... they have limited CPU/PPS. The original PMP450 AP starts hitting the ceiling using a 30MHz channel. If you're planning on using a 30MHz channel width, or the soon to be released 40MHz channel width, you might want to consider a PMP450i AP.

PMP450i 3.65 AP's are going to be released very very soon, like any week now. There's no PMP450i planned for 2.4 AFAIK.

1 Like