Wi-Fi for Education

We have just won recently a 140 schools Wi-Fi deal but need to accelerate. While building the offering for the Education vertical, I wonder what kind of additionnal features you would look after to expand your business into this market. Similarly if you have good practice you want to share with me that will be much appreciated. Thank you. JF

3 Likes

Hi JF,

I was speaking to a school last week and one thing that they asked for was visability on what websites were being visisted by students and staff.

I understand with HTTPS being almost everywhere now it does make it hard to capture a lot of this traffic but DNS records remain unencrypted so I beleive this information could be collected.

1 Like

@Wright-Fi wrote:

Hi JF,

I was speaking to a school last week and one thing that they asked for was visability on what websites were being visisted by students and staff.

I understand with HTTPS being almost everywhere now it does make it hard to capture a lot of this traffic but DNS records remain unencrypted so I beleive this information could be collected.

We support the ability to log all DNS requests seen by the cnPilot enterprise access points to a Syslog server.

Details on setup and usage are here:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnPilot-E-Series-Enterprise-APs/DNS-Logging-on-cnPilot-Enterprise-Access-Points/td-p/67778

2 Likes

Students in school today have never lived in a world without Wi-Fi, and they understand and are vocal about the quality of their connection. You don’t need to ask what they think of the Wi-Fi: they will let you know. Bruce Miller shares his thoughts.

Meet with Cambium Networks Wi-Fi experts at the BETT conference in London, Stand NN-67.

READ MORE