Wifi AP suggestion for classified area

Hello, I am looking for a Wifi repeater for the oil and gas industry, it must be in an outdoor area with the potential presence of flammable gases, so it must be intrinsically safe, what options does cambium have?

We have implemented an onpremise CnMaestro version 3.0.0-r34, if it can be linked it would be a plus.

1 Like

Are you looking for ATEX certified APs? or non ATEX certified APs?
if you can share me your region/country, I’ll arrange the Regional Technical Manager to talk more about our Enterprise Wi-Fi and FWA solutions.

Certified APs, I am located in Colombia

please look at our XE3-4TN:

it is not ATEX certified but it is IP67, metal enclosure, connectorized, -40 to 65C operating temperature. It also has three radios. The 6GHz band is not allowed yet outdoors in FCC and IC regions so currently you would have one 2x2 2.4G radio + one 2x2 5G radio and a third radio that is 4x4 5G radio.

Intrinsically safe WiFi APs are very rare in the market.

To meet the ATEX requirement, you may house the WiFi AP inside a ATEX certified enclosure.

I suggest you may contact Extronics as this company provides ATEX certified enclosures with antennas to house the WiFi APs.

1 Like

our XE3-4TN is designed to be TAA-compliant as well as comply with some Military Standards from the MIL-STD-810H (environmental) and MIL-STD-461\463 for EMC. The AP is enclosed in a full metal housing and is designed to be IP67 (dust and water tight). The unit is also designed to withstand salt-spray environments. It has an operating temperature range of -40C to 65C. Since it has connectors you can use it with a variety of Omnidirectional or directional antennas. it is also supporting three RF bands (2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6GHz). The 6GHz band is not yet allowed for operation by the FCC or IC or other Countries, but will be soon and we are planning to support it. An internal GPS module and BT radio compliment the tri-band wifi radios.

1 Like