Will this Work?

Quick question on sync and some BH’s that we are going to have. I am wondering if the configuration below will work.

Tower B Tower A
BHS -> BHM–BHS -> BHM–BHM -> BHS
C D E F G H

the arrows represent the over the air links, basically 2 towers and 2 buildings. My thoughts are that tower A with 2 BHM on it, G will generate sync, and will have a sync cable to F which is set to receive, it will pass it over the air to E which will pass it to D. And G & D also pass there sync over the air to C & H. Its confusing but I think that it should work, or at least I don’t see why it wouldn’t.

Thanks,
Ben

If youre doing that take into account (this made no sense to me) you have to be in a totally different freqeny band (not channel, entire band) for colocated backhauls unless you have 100 foot seperation. This is what all the motorola tech support told us. Like I said, I dont understand it.

As for timing, I dont have a clue, but I bet Jerry does.

benanthony wrote:
Quick question on sync and some BH's that we are going to have. I am wondering if the configuration below will work.

Tower B Tower A
BHS -> BHM--BHS -> BHM--BHM -> BHS
C D E F G H

If the radios on tower B are in the same frequency band, you may have problems with collocation interference since the BHM will be transmitting while the BHS is trying to receive.

If they are in different bands, then it should work ok. But again, if they are in different bands the sync cable between D and E isn't necessary.

-forrest

Yes they are all 5.7 unfortunatly. I plan on putting the BHM and BHS that are on the same tower at opposite ends of the spectrum. I know this isn’t ideal and that we would be better off if they where in a diffrent frequency all together or if I had a CMM at tower B, but this isn’t the case. Once we get up and running I plan on monitoring closly, also I think this senerio will work for a small (< 50) number of customers, we plan on having an extra set of BH’s around anyhow so if something happens we have them on hand. When I order my next set I will get a diffrent frequency. What frequency do you guys recommend? 5.4, 5.2 or 2.4? I would eventually like to have an AP that is also one of those so we can offer higher speeds to some customers (we are 900 now), we are very very rural so noise or interference isn’t a concern right now.

Thanks,
Ben

for rural and lots of trees, go 900.
rural and low trees go 2.4