WWAN commands bug

cnMaestro Cloud:

AP Groups → Network → WWAN
Failover Only
cnmaestro drops the following commands to the AP:
wwan
no wwan failover-only
wwan apn apn.test.hr

The listed commands should be part of the configuration if the WWAN option (Enable Wireless WAN using a USB cellular dongle for Internet access is enabled and not Failover Only !!!
Directly connected to the AP via the web interface in the WWAN menu I have the WWAN option enabled (Enable Wireless WAN using a USB cellular dongle for Internet access), it should have the Failover Only option enabled in that case.

Conclusion, the options within the WWAN menu on the controller (wwan and Failover only) lower the reverse commands to the AP and thus make my life miserable (device unavailability because 4G is the ONLY Internet connection!!!).

Any update for this bug? This is 12 months old bug AFAIK

hi,

you want to use 4G as the main internet connection, not as a backhaul i.e. redundancy link and your looking for the configuration, how to make it?

thank you

I know the configutation, i want to say that you have misconfigure commands on cnmaestro for wwan.

Please for test purpose, select this on AP (web gui):

Enable Wireless WAN using a USB cellular dongle for Internet access

After that check config via ssh. You will see wwan commands (working fine).

Now unselect Enable Wireless WAN using a USB cellular dongle for Internet access on AP via web gui and save config and enable that same option via cnmaestro and push to the AP, and check the config (there is no wwan cimmands at all) and when 4g is only wan exit and Ap gets config without wwan commands… :grimacing:

1 Like

Thank you @mixig for providing detailed steps. We are investigating this.

Any update for this?

Hi @mixig,

This was fixed as part of the 3.0.4 release. You may need to flip the setting back and forth to correct the value.

Ok, i will test. Thanks.
I used user-defined overrides to avoid that flip flop configuration once when it is fixed on cnmaestro.

1 Like