XV3-8 - can't select 160 MHz channel width

Hi Folks

As per title, am trying to change the channel b/w on Radio 2 from 80 to 160 MHz for some trials - but I’m getting error on sync/update that this is not supported.

Any ideas?

TIA

This is a known issue with any release above 6.4.0.1-r3. I submitted a request to the dev team to look into it about 2 weeks ago my self.

1 Like

Hi TIA,

Please let me know the image version details. We have added support 6.4-X release onwards.
Note: 160Mhz is only supported if XV3-8 is configured with DBS mode.

Regards
Niraj

1 Like

Hi

I was previously on 6.4.2.1r1 and just today upgraded to 6.5-r15.

Error message on channel width alteration push is:

Failed: radio_2_channel_width:160 MHz channel width is not supported on this radio

How do I make this change? I can’t see a DBS setting on the portal, but may be looking in the wrong place. Thanks

Hi Sean, the DBS mode referred to on the XV3-8 is when you configure Radio2 to be a single 8x8 radio. You can set this in cnMaestro using the AP group and select radio 2 to be a 8x8 radio and then Radio3 is NA.

1 Like

Thanks Gary. That’s very helpful.

One small problem is that I no longer have a drop-down setting for 5 GHz (8x8) - just wondering if something has become corrupted in the firmware load…or I’m missing something else obvious.

Region is UK if that has anything to do with it.

Radios 1 and 3 are disabled.

So I’ve deleted the AP and re-added it back on cnMaestro. Now set 5 GHz (8x8) from the AP Groups → Configuration → Radio menu, as below.

Still giving the same error that 160 MHz channel is not supported on Radio 2…feels like a bug to me now.

This looks like it is what it is…

Down grade your software to 6.4.0.1-R3 and your 160MHz will work

1 Like

I failed miserably there. After several attempts all I get is “The software image is not available to download!” when doing an Auto based software update - 6.4.0.1-R3 is not available from the drop-down in the manual SW update only available from Administration → Settings → Software Settings

So I’m on version 6.3.5.1-r2 and its just not having any of it…

Sorted it finally! Many thanks all

Is it working on the current software? or 6.4.0.1-R3?

6.3.5.1-r2

Couldn’t get 6.4.0.1-R3 to load

160MHz is not supported in XV3-8.

1 Like

Well it is!

Just on particular versions of firmware. Your colleagues above would appear to disagree :+1::grinning:

This is my first experience of Cambium and to be fair it looks like a right royal mess of software development. I thought Ubiquiti were bad….