XVT-2T0 all choosing the same channel

(Continuing the conversation from cnPilotR190w Auto Channel Issue)

Is it still not a known issue? Having Cambium Enterprise XVT-2T0 APs choose the same channel even after several days in CnMaestro X in April 2024. Tried just about everything, they really don’t want to choose different channels from one another in 2.4 or 5 GHz. Getting very poor performance out of our system after 3 weeks live. Ekahau survey shows a lot of open channel space but the Cambium APs just avoid it, up to 4x APs in the same zone all choosing the same channel.

I have an install with 1 XV2-21X about 1000 feet away from a Pair of XV2-2Ts

There is a PtP link shooting right over the 2XV2-2Ts that isn’t mine. Which appears to be hard set to 40 at 10mhz.

So, I set the channel width to 40Mhz in 5 and 20Mhz in 2.4, just in case. But none of the APs have picked the same channel.
36, 149, 153

Hi @Preston_Havill in your AP Group, do you have the radios configured for Auto-RF Dynamic Channel? Also, if you can please email me a tech-support log from one of your XV2-2T0 APs to gary.hansen@cambiumnetworks.com. I will review it and get back to you.

We have tried Auto RF, but were also told not to use it because of Mesh APs. Back on Auto RF now with Mesh Recovery time lowered to the 5 minute minimum, seems to be ok keeping Mesh APs connected. The behavior is about the same for both, APs all scan at the same time, and choose their channel unaware of other Cambium APs in the same network. Even if I reboot, they just choose the same channel as a different AP. I will reply to a ticket with some tech support logs already uploaded and include you. This is causing huge problems at this site, waited up to 4-5 days, APs choose new channels but the same as other APs again. Need to do something different here, can’t schedule RRM in CnMaestro like most vendors, can’t set static channels, that’s just unsustainable administrative effort on a daily basis.

Edit: seems to have become even worse of an issue with the recent CnMaestro X cloud update