2.6.2 No Access after applying Management VLAN

I have a new AP that has been sitting on my shelf for a little over a year. It was at software release 2.3.x. I upgraded it all the way to 2.6.2 via stages. I then put my standard configuration on it which includes a management vlan. Once this is done, I lost all access to the radio even though I put the matching VLAN on my NIC. I then attached to a switch and had the same problem.

I factory reset the radio and moved it to 2.4.3 and put my standard configuration in it. The radio worked fine. I tried 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 as well and they worked fine. As soon as I put 2.6.2 on the radio I lost access again.

Symptoms:

1. Can ping the IP

2. Cannot telnet or SSH to radio (Get connection refused)

3. Cannot open web browser to radio (does not matter the browser). When I telnet to port 80 I get connection refused.

My question is has anyone else experienced this issue with 2.6.2?

Gilbert

I have found if I wait 5 to 10 minutes I can then access the radio. That is very odd.

Hi, 

Other customers have reported a long wait before the radio allows access on 2.6.2: http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-2000-and-1000/Serious-issue-with-2-6-2-on-brand-new-Force-180s/m-p/56142#U56142

We're looking into this as a top priority issue. 

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

So I understand this is a DNS issue specific to 2.6.2. My radio was in a test environment and did not have access to DNS (which I entered). That explains a lot and I appriciate the response.