Basic Information on Cambium's CnWave (60Ghz) Product Line Released

Helo,

In this days the COVID 19 can change some Your plans, so i'm asking about Your PTP PTMP in 60 Ghz solution. I'm just start running new network in EU in terrain difficult for fiber in FTTH or FTTB. We are starting with 50 pcs epmp3000, and will use Force300 (13/16/19/25) for the customers. We are building core using Cerragon and fiber, but sometimes 60 Ghz is good too. We are testing MetroLinq 2,5 60 on 3 km working very good ( almost no rain at all in this zone ). Will be better to use Your equipment if there is any chance to show it soon. Pleas write more info, maybe there is a place for beta test of Your 60 Ghz solution ??

Hi, It's Allen here. I am the production manager for 60 GHz product line.

We have three variations will be introduced on 60 GHz.

1. V5000, Distribution Node

2. V1000, Mid Gain Client Node

3. V3000, High Gain Client Node

Can you share more details about your deployment plan and schedule, or you can reach to me and we can have a discussion in details.

thanks

Allen

1 Like

I'm interested in more details about 60GHz products too.  Currently using MikroTik devices, they do the job but don't scale too well with the 8 stations per AP (180deg sector) limit.  MT probably are working on some new 60GHz products too (802.11ay based) but not many details are known, and some of their design decisions seem to be very strange (like making some low cost 60GHz devices with 100Mb only ethernet ports - might make some sense if there could be 80 and not only 8 of them connected to the AP).

1 Like

Many of us are waiting for Terragraph 60 GHz solution and we are planning to deploy a new 60 GHz based network but we have to know the hardware details like real range, number of clients for the AP and if the node is mesh like we hope and it's clients limit, even how many ethernet ports and poe through to power up another device, the price is important too.

We have several ultra high dense urban areas with more of 100 users for square km....

1 Like

We will have the details to share with you soon.

Ray

1 Like

Hi, could be this new line in 60Ghz designed/developed thinking in a PTMP solution to connect customers at gigabit Internet service in your home or office?

Hello Sir,

how did you sort this issue:

450m strange issue

Hi all

I have a strange issue with a news installation on small FM tower for the first 2 days the ethernet was 100 mb/s, after swapping a cable and adding ferrite ring the interface worked gigabit for 1 hour after. After 1 hour  I lost 450m wiht any change to recover it from the office. The switch is mikortik rb3011 fixing the  ethernet to 100 mb/s or 10 mb/s not solve the problem. I installed 450m as described in the manual with power surge protector and psu from cambium.

During the operation on the tower the ethernet was up full gigabit but no ping to 450m, to recover it I have made a power cycle.

On the tower I have several antenna ubiquiti/mikrotik with no issue on the ethernet all gigabit without any flapping.

The question is before to climb the tower to swap the 450m I want to do another power cycle to recover some info to try to understand if is a cable problem due to FM or an hardware problem.

Someone can explain to me after power cycle how to recover info to debug the problem?

Thak You Giuseppe

Sincerely yours,

Niragira Olympe

Been reading through this thread and I've seen posts about once a month since February that updates are coming "later this month" (paraphrased). 

is there an update?  Is the product released?  

The product is not yet released.  A few days ago, we published this news release and this white paper.

Any updates on when these might be available?

Yes we need ETA for europe and pricing

stay in tune from our anouncement on cnWave.....

How much longer? Was hoping to get my hands on some equipment while the weather was still nice.

2 Likes

This is all speculation but it seems the hardware has been ready to go for a long time, so they must be having issues with the software. If I were to guess the software issues stem from integrating the “terragraph” technology. Maybe they should just scrap the terragraph and release it without.

Any updates? It’s been awhile.

Wait for Thursday :grinning:

Okay, I’m waiting for Thursday. Is there an announcement coming Thursday? On the website, forums, or somewhere else?

Well Thursday came and went.

Chris - There is a public webinar discussing the 60 GHz cnWave product next week, 9/17.

You can sign up for it here:

https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6135588652814916623