Cambium in Administration?

I’m saving as much as I can locally to my SAN. I advise everyone to do same. Of if appropriate Github.

I doubt licensing / EULA’s will hold at this point.

did i miss something?

What is your alternative to maestro for monitoring/alerts/stats? Im looking for options and SNMP using a NMS like librenms or something along those lines.

Do we know if sas.cbrs.cambiumnetworks.com shuts down at the same time as cnMaestro, or will it keep relaying CBRS requests back and forth with companies like Federated Wireless until the certificate expires in March?

Should really be under PMP not ePMP. But it seems like even if this were true, it would only be a short term fix, like if you were going to do a forklift upgrade to a competitor product. Without access to the CBRS tool on cnMaestro (or the same functionality ported to some other platform), what would you do if an AP or SM needed to be replaced? You’d need the ability for your CPI to enter the SAS parameters for the replacement hardware, and then to onboard it.

This is a msg someone got from Federated regarding continued CBRS/SAS support for 450: “We are actively working with Cambium, having calls with them to discuss this scenario. We will keep you updated as additional information becomes available. Hopefully, we will have more information around next week.”

Well, cnMaestro on-prem does have that functionality in it, it’s just a question of whether or not it depends on cnMaestro cloud to function, which isn’t at all clear to me. It clearly does depend on cnMaestro cloud/Cambium for billing purposes, but if that’s all that on-prem requires, it might be possible for Federated to just bill us directly without needing to change anything else.

Cambium does seem to be making an effort to tie up this sort of loose ends, so we’ll probably get some sort of a solution… as long as they don’t run out of time.

It would be a good idea for someone to start another Forum, just in case. There’s lots of value in all us Cambium WISPs having these forums, it feels like it would be good to have another place to go if this all disappears.

OR better yet a “snapshot” backup of these forums installed on another server somewhere, with the many years of questions and answers and info intact.

Just give us a little bit more time. Lot in the works. Here is to hoping that ePMP rises from the ashes better and stronger to serve you. We will need your support on the other side more than ever. Our 5000 development in the meantime continues as all the core people on ePMP are still here.

I’m really confused now. According to someone else’s post, the acquisition of the Fixed Wireless portion of Cambium by AirSpan does not include the ePMP portion and the UK law firm is looking for a buyer for ePMP. So, what is happening with the ePMP product line?

John

I don’t think those 2 statements are mutually exclusive. Now, Sakid appears to be GM and head of R&D for ePMP, so maybe apply an optimism filter to his view. But both statements could be correct.

I am not an expert in bankruptcy law and procedures in the US much less the UK, but my understanding is that the creditors now basically own Cambium, and the bankruptcy administrators work for them in the sense that their duty is to maximize value for the creditors.

One could speculate that the administrators, with the approval of the bankruptcy court, have secured interim financing to keep the lights on and preserve value for the creditors. The source of that financing would go to the head of the line of creditors and would get their money back before anyone else. (answering the obvious question why would anybody loan them money at this point)

So if core ePMP personnel are still there, the administrators and the court must feel a sale is possible or some other outcome that would be better for the creditors than liquidating it. And that keeping support and even product development going in the interest of maximizing asset value, at least at this time.

If none of the leads on a buyer or other source of financing pans out, then ePMP could go the way of Enterprise.

The other explanation for Sakid’s statement would be those people are all working for no pay because they believe in the mission. Remotely possible but unlikely.

So does anyone know if there will be something like Link Planner still available for ePMP equipment after the sale/transistion is final to Airspan? Seems they also bought LinkPlanner in the sale based on the recently released statement. Though it does say “as it relates to the referenced products” so maybe Cambium still has LinkPlanner for the products no sold?

Cambium Networks Sept 23rd Update

I don’t actually know anything, but Cambium confirmed that they retained the rights to cnMaestro for any products that Airspan didn’t acquire (which I’m assuming means that it’s going to be forked into company specific versions), so I suspect that’s also the case for LinkPlanner.

That is how I read it - cnMaestro and LinkPlanner will be available for both AirSpan PMP and Cambium ePMP.

Did I reply to this? Sorry man. Ive not tried it yet, one man wisp here :wink:

Ai told me 2.4.2 will run wirhout a link to an online account. I couldn’t find it at first; but i found the previous version and a patch to 2.4.2 by doing a search for it - i couldn’t find in archive, only by manually searching.

Good luck everyone. Hopefully we won’t need it

@riddle No apologies necessary, same here with the one man wisp! I am not bothering with maestro. With everything up in the air I am going to spend my time putting together LibreNMS on local machines at our cores, has a lot of great monitoring aspects that maestro essentials does not.

Dude high five on the oine man wisp! How many years since you took a holiday? I’m approching year 8 now lol. I would take one, but I know that as soon as the plane leaves the ground, something terrible will happen and I will spend the next week stressing about my network haha. Its just not worth it for me bro. I pay mums mortgage so cannot risk losing customers.

I’m keen to hear about your plans to replace cnmeastro. Is there a license cost?

There are quite a few tools such as Libre, Cacti, PRTG (and the list goes on) which are far superior in graphing and monitoring… but cnMaestro has the device management with Firmware upgrade features, and the Template features, etc etc. That’s primarily what cnMaestro excels at. I don’t think any of the other really will replace it due those essential features. :person_shrugging:

Hahaha, so true.. I am going on 7yrs. So hilarious you mention that cause thats exactly what I go through, my wife and I always say the network knows the minute we want to take a break and every time it reacts to us going somewhere for a day off or holiday, no word of a lie, things run great month in and out but when we want to get away its like “where do you think your going” hahaha

I will update you with my project, LibreNMS is free to use, it has come along way. I had some dealings with it years ago as I did a short stint of some network building for a guy who started a small wisp and didnt know much about networking using mikrotik routers, ospf and such and had heard about librenms and it being free.

Totally agree with you, with cnmaestro possibly going dark I will sacrifice having to manually update firmware for a window to see devices and know when they go down and having stats monitored. And if it doesnt, thats a bonus. With Libre stats can be monitored and I can set parameters in libre when those stats change and I get alerted, ie RSSI drop of a SM.