Ceiling Mounted XV2-2X - Intended Wiring Path?

how about this approach:

Have a larger cut out on the gypsum board (slightly smaller than the unit. We can provide the cut-out profile). Make 2 smaller pieces with the cutout area and use as a support with railway mount bracket (AX-E510RBKT-WW Shock mount bracket)

Only the front plastic will be outside the board. Our device will actually look much sleeker than a Ubiquiti or any other devices out there.

2 Likes

Did a bracket or surround ever come in to production or is this still an idea?

@jim Did this ever go any further?

the last post that I shared is something that you can use. You can order that bracket which is metal. It is called a “shock-mount” bracket. It can be used with most of our wifi access points.

Thank you! Would you have the cut-out profile?

here you go
123400001874A-01 railway bracket 2D drawing 2023.pdf (55.3 KB)

1 Like

Interesting thread, I missed it last year when it was the hot topic. Vineet, I totally agree that the 21X does not have enough room to hide a booted cable. We were thinking about making it small enough to be used on a wall junction box or ceiling. So the size is (AFAIR) 150mm square. Pretty compact for the performance. I saw your note about connecting a flat cable to a horizontal cable run. Technically speaking (don’t shoot the messenger) structured cable specs require connectorized termination at both ends. So it implies that a female RJ45 is available at the ceiling wiring box. I do know that low voltage wiring subcontractors just crimp a male RJ45 and stuff it up into the hole, but that would technically not be structured cable. A horizontal cable run would not use a booted RJ45, they would use a spool of cable and crimp a standard RJ45 male connector. So, here’s what I would do: tell the low voltage sub to use a 12mm male RJ45 rather than a 20mm. that will greatly reduce the turn radius of the cable. the 12mm RJ45 will extend about 3mm outside of the RJ45 housing when connected.

This isn’t an issue that Cambium Networks has, a lot of brands are in a very similar position design-wise.

As you can see this Cisco WAP requires the hole and cable feed though. There are some 3rd party manufacturs developing cases and mounts for Cisco, Aruba, Ruckus etc to hide the cables better; I haven’t seen any with Cambium though I know I’ve seen one for the Xirrus Smoke Alarm looking WAP’s before.

I’d love to see a new model that has a center ethernet connection to compleatly hide the wire, though it’s not the end of the world as we normally install WAP’s like this…