Previous release notes available at cnArcher v1.6.3 Release Notes
Support for ePMP
You can now use cnArcher to install ePMP SMs. Download and store ePMP device firmware into cnArcher and update your SMs from your mobile device. Scan for APs, apply security credentials, align the SM, perform a link test and generate an installation summary including photographs. If you are using cnMaestro, then automatically onboard into cnMaestro and apply your provisioning template.
Status section indicates if mobile device is communicating with the SM as well as SM's connectivity status to AP
Update SM Software
Update ePMP software directly from mobile device
AP Scan Results
- All of Aps that are visible to the SM will be displayed in AP Scan Results. To set the AP as the “Preferred AP”, click on the AP and then click the SET AS PREFERRED AP button to continue. (See picture on RIGHT)
- If you simply want the SM to register to the AP and continue with the installation, without setting any AP as the Preferred AP, wait for the Status window to show the SM state as REGISTERED to an AP. Then click the CONTINUE button. (See picture on LEFT)
- Move the installed device antenna to sample twice the horizontal beamwidth and twice the vertical beamwidth of the SM being installed. This will ensure that the maximum signal strength has been sampled. Then, fine tune the the SM antenna positioning so that the "Current" signal stregnth as close to the "Best" previously sampled value. Note: The vertical orange bar indicates the different of the current from the best in dB.
- The "Signal Strenth Ratio" represents the difference in the receive power of the SM's two recievers. Ideally, both receivers receive the same power level, 0dB difference. In practice, it is best to try to achieve less than 1.0 dB difference.
Run Link Test
Run one or multiple link tests to characterize the throughput and modulation of the link.
Set device name and IP configuration details
WPA and RADIUS security can be set in the ePMP Settings section which is accessable from the MAIN MENU --> SETTINGS page.
Onboard in cnMaestro
If using cnMaestro, onboarding and apply optional configuration template.
Photograph the completed installation and email an installation summary.
Previous installation summaries can be accessed from the Work Orders section in the main menu.
Use the Quick-Align feature to re-align already-deployed SMs, run link tests, photograph the install site and generate the summary without changing the SM’s existing configuration.
Factory Default Device
Factory default an ePMP SM from cnArcher by clicking on the status window of the home screen and then scroll down to the buttom of the detailed summary view to access the “Factory Default” button.
Deferred Onboarding (for PMP)
cnArcher communicates directly to the SM for most of the installation sequence. But when cnArcher is used with cnMaestro, the final step in the sequence requires that cnMaestro connect to cnMaestro in order to complete onboarding and apply an configuration template.
There are some circumstances where cnArcher cannot communicate with cnMaestro. In these situations, if cnArcher will present the installer with two options.
- Defer cnMaestro onboarding - If the installer defers onboarding, he still has the opportunity to capture installation photographs and review the installation summary. Later, when his mobile device has network connectivity, he can complete the cnMaestro onboarding by accessing the installation details from the Work Order screen.
- Omit cnMaestro onboarding – If the installer skips onboarding, he can then proceed to the photograph the installation and review the installation summary. The details of the installation are archived as a completed work order.
cnArcher v1.2.4 is now available for Android. To get the app, please go to the cnArcher page in the Play Store and install.
If you are not currently a beta tester, then scroll down to the bottom of the cnArcher Play Store page and click “Become a Beta Tester”.
You can always opt-out of beta testing from the cnArcher Play Store page. Then uninstall and re-install cnArcher. The production release is version 1.1.16.
If the cnArcher app crashes, you should see a pop-up providing the option to send feedback. Always send the feedback. Please add any comments to explain the task you were performing (i.e. which app screen you were using) when the app crashed.
Please post other comments or questions to the cnArcher Beta forum rather than email.
The forum will provide the best opportunity for cnArcher team members and other beta testers to learn from your questions or comments.
- PMP: When configuring PSK 128-bit or 256-bit keys, previously, cnArcher was incorrectly limiting these to 15 HEX characters. This is has been resolved. 32 and 64 HEX character PSK can now be entered.
- Some Android devices running “Oreo” OS (Android versions 8.x) may hang while “Downloading Manifest” when accessing the screen to download device software. As a work-around, temporarily disable “Mobile Data” on your mobile device and use the WiFi connection to download the software (PMP/ePMP)
- When scanning for ePMP Aps (AP Evaluation screen), cnArcher may display an "Error: null" notification. Click OK to acknowledge the error message and re-run the AP Evaluation one more time. The discovered ePMP Aps should now be displayed. (ePMP)
- SM may not be discoverable at Home Screen (Normal and Quick Align Mode) while “Mobile Data” is Enabled. (PMP/ePMP)
- For some device types, if both WiFi and Mobile Data are enabled, and the WiFi does not have an “internet connection” (as is the case when cnArcher’s WiFi is set to communicate to the SM), the mobile device will opt to use the mobile data rather than WiFi. This makes the SM impossible to discover. For devices that exhibit this behavior, it is recommended to disable mobile data. A link to disable it is available at the bottom of the cnArcher home page.
- When the PMP channel scan list exceeds 100 entries, cnArcher may not properly enable all of the channels for scanning. It is expected that in most deployments, much fewer than 100 frequencies are deployed throughout the network. (PMP)
- If onboarding into cnMaestro, cnArcher will display all templates configuration templates that exist in the cnMaestro account rather than only displaying those supported by the device type being installed. If attempting to applying cnMaestro configuration templates from cnArcher, make certain that the selected template is supported by the device type being installed, ePMP SM or PMP SM