cnMaestro 1.6.2 Release (Cloud and On-Premises)

Introduction

This document highlights new features and significant updates in cnMaestro 1.6.2 Cloud and On-Premises. The Cloud release will be completed over the next few days, and On-Premises can be downloaded now from Support Center.

Important

cnMaestro On-Premises 1.6.2 is a Package release rather than a full OVA image. It must be applied on top of an existing 1.6.1 On-Premises installation. Please follow the steps detailed in section 6.2 of the cnMaestro On-Premises 1.6.1 Quick Start Guide (“Updating cnMaestro Software”) to perform a package update on an existing OVA.

Important: Web Browser

You may need to restart your browser (or clear the browser cache with a hard reload) after the 1.6.2 update.

Bulk Move of Devices

Bulk Move transfers devices from one hierarchy to another hierarchy. When a parent device is moved, all its children will also move to target location. For example, moving an ePMP/PMP AP causes all children SMs to also move to target location. If SMs have Wi-Fi AP(s) underneath, they also move. This feature is available in the Access and Backhaul view in the Inventory page, and in the Wireless LAN view in the Access Points (APs) page.

Bulk Delete of Devices

Bulk Delete removes multiple devices from the account in one operation. This feature is available in the Access and Backhaul view in the Inventory page, and in the Wireless LAN view in the Access Points (APs) page.

Bulk Delete of Update Jobs

Bulk Delete is supported for Configuration Jobs and Software Update Jobs.

Mesh Peers Report (On-Premises)image.png

Generate a Mesh Peers Session Report over last 24 hours downloaded as a CSV file. The feature is located at Report > Mesh Peers.

WLAN Configuration for cnPilot Enterprise (E-Series)

The following parameters are added to WLAN Enterprise configuration for cnPilot E-Series:

Update

Description

Guest Access for Mesh Base

Guest Access configuration option for Mesh Base mode.

Mesh Base RADIUS Option

RADIUS option for access control in Mesh Base mode.

Guest Access Host Redirect

Redirect hostname for the splash page.

Extend Interface

Configure the interface extended for guest access. This is added under Guest Access > Advanced Settings section.

Enhanced Client Isolation

Enhanced Client Isolation has two separate options: Network Wide and Local.

Lock Wi-Fi AP Configuration image.png

Enforce configuration on Wi-Fi devices by overwriting any AP changes made outside cnMaestro (such as through the Device UI/CLI). The Wi-Fi AP must be mapped to an AP Group with “Auto Sync” turned on. This feature is available at Application > Settings > Advanced Features.

Supported Cambium Products

cnMaestro supports the following Cambium Networks products. The software versions are the minimum required to use cnMaestro (not the recommended versions).

Family

Model

Version

cnPilot

cnPilot R200, R200P

4.2.3-R4

cnPilot R201, R201P

4.2.3-R4

cnPilot R190V,  R190W

4.3.2-R4

cnPilot E400/E500

2.5.2-r3

cnPilot E410/E430w/E600

3.5.2-R4

cnPilot E501S

3.2.1-r6

cnPilot E502S

3.2.1-r6

ePMP 1000 Hotspot

ePMP 1000 Hotspot

2.5.2-r3

ePMP

ePMP 1000, Force 180/200

ePMP 2000

ePMP Elevate

ePMP Force 190

PMP

PMP 450i, PMP 450, PMP 450m, PMP 430 SM

PTP 450, and PTP 450i

Supported Browsers

cnMaestro supports the following browsers:

Platform

Browser

Version

Windows

Internet Explorer

11 and above

Firefox

45 and above

Chrome

49 and above

MacOS

Safari

9 and above

Linux

Firefox

45 and above

Chrome

49 and above

Significant Fixed Issues

The following issues have been fixed in cnMaestro 1.6.2:

Id

Details

CNSSNG-6935

AP enters “not in sync” state when AP configuration changed from AP UI.

CNSSNG-6970 

Disconnect Clients and Disconnect All Clients options are not working for cnPilot R-series devices at device level.

CNSSNG-7198

Notification > Events > Category tab is not functioning properly with special characters.

CNSSNG-7337

Device in “not in sync” status even when AP configuration push successful.

CNSSNG-7371

Performance Report download remains in processing state and unable to schedule any other report.

CNSSNG-7413

Multiple issues with Mesh Peers reports.

CNSSNG-7467

In AP Groups, error "default_gwInvalid IP address" observed even if the gateway has a valid IP address. The configuration succeeds if pushed again

CNSSNG-7490

Wi-Fi performance is not working for device with version 3.6-b7.

CNSSNG-7491 

Mesh Peers weekly report is empty.

CNSSNG-7633

Receive and Send Rate mappings needs to be reversed.

CNSSNG-7660

PMP Session Time not updated correctly in cnMaestro.

CNSSNG-7661 

Exported reports from Statistics Grid do not show time in Status column.

CNSSNG-7698

ACL View missing in Wireless LAN View.

CNSSNG-7720

Safari browser does not let L2GRE expand settings under AP Group >Tunnels.

CNSSNG-7882

Online shown even though devices are not connected to cnMaestro.

CNSSNG-7884

Issues with Mesh Peers and Performance Data Response.

CNSSNG-7898

Issue in Performance Data Response when queried with fields.

Known Issues

The following issues exist in the cnMaestro On-Premises 1.6.2 release:

Id

Issue

Details

AURA-470

Failure to load success page after quick pay authentication

AURA-474

Error contacting server when clicked on Orange Money button

AURA-388

WiFi Guest Access Does Not Work with Microsoft Edge Browser

Guest Access on cnMaestro does not work with Edge browser on cnPilot 1.4.0-r12 with 3.2.1-6 and 1.5.0-r4 with 3.3 beta builds.

Workaround: Users need to use supported browsers like Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer (IE) 11.

CNSSNG-4083

DHCP Errors after cnMaestro Reboot

When cnMaestro On-Premises is rebooted, after Data Import, sometimes DHCP and Disk Errors are encountered.

Workaround: Explicitly run the dhclient command from the Command Line (accessed through the CLI) after reboot to assign the IP address.

RBN-280

DHCP Option 15 Not Working for cnPilot R

DHCP Option 15 onboarding is not working for cnPilot R devices. These devices cannot use this onboarding mechanism.

CNSSNG-4906

Captive Portal Auto Login Fails with Latest Android Devices

Workaround: Whitelist the URL for Google (*.google.com).

CNSSNG-5365

RADIUS Proxy Drops Packets after Retry Exhausted

After RADIUS Proxy Retries are exhausted in cnMaestro On-Premises, all subsequent RADIUS packets are dropped.

Workaround: Reboot cnMaestro.

CNSSNG-6789

Device details are not coming in configuration jobs for old jobs in 1.4.0 after migrating to 1.6.0

CNSSNG-7626

Access token is expired after data migration

Workaround: User has to generate a new token after the migration.

CNSSNG-7372

Auto sync always times out if the device IP changes during auto sync.

Where to Get Help

There are a number of places to get help with cnMaestro.

1. Cambium Community: The cnMaestro Forum provides the best place to ask questions and get up-to-date information.
  2. On-Premises Quick Start Guide: This guide walks you through the initial management process and allows you to get onboarded quickly. It is embedded into the cnMaestro image and can be accessed on the Home Page of the UI. It can also be downloaded in PDF format from the Cambium Support website
  3. Cambium Support: The Cambium Support team is available 24x7 to answer questions and resolve issues.
3 Likes

Applied update from on premise cnmaestro-on-premises_1.6.1-r10 , now no response to https/http after multiple reboots.

Nginx not loaded, 

/etc/nginx/conf.d/default.conf

Looks like nginx isn't loading, problems on config lines 54, 181, 210, 282, 285.

Relevant lines I commented out with the leading #

54: #upload_progress uploads 1m;
181:  #track_uploads uploads 30s;

209:  #track_uploads uploads 30s;

282:  #upload_progress_json_output;

285:  #report_uploads uploads;

From syslog:

Apr 26 14:17:08 cnmaestro monit[925]: 'nginx' failed to start

All references to upload configs in nginx. Removed those references and able to start nginx 

Anyone else have same experience?

Did you install 1.6.1-r10 OVA fresh and was it working before you tried to apply 1.6.2 package?

Yes, I installed 1.6.1 r10 and had been using it for quite a few weeks. I of course expored out old data into it. Today, I applied 1.6.2 over the existing working 1.6.1 install and the above referenced config lines were no longer valid. I don't know if they were previously there and added by 1.6.2 or if 1.6.2 updated something causing that config to become invalid.

Hi Timothy -- this may occur if the nginx server is updated through standard apt-get processes. In that case, the upload-progress-module, which needs to be built into nginx, would no longer be present. Do you know if that could have happened (and could you let us know the nginx version)?

Ok thats interesting to know because we arent overriding any nginx related config in 1.6.2

It is working in our test case and I just validated by creating a VM with 1.6.1-r10 and applying 1.6.2-r8 package on top of it.

We havent heard any complaint from any other customer and it sounds to me something happened in your setup (either it was modified or while applying package something went wrong)

We can only investigate with a remote session if you let us know your best time.

Otherwise you can send me the logs of your cnMaestro techdump using CLI since you cant open UI

Go to your cnMaestro console and type below command

sudo cnmaestro-techdump

Send me the file link over PM (by uploading tar into some google or dropbox)

Regards,

Rupam

apt-get update was run, so that is likely it. Does cambium have a suggested patching method for cnmaestro to hold back any specific packages? or is it just wait for your ova "patch" to address base os/system patches?

Tim                                                 

Hi Timothy -- we use the OVA releases to consolidate the latest updates, and they allow us to fully validate the services in a controlled environment. We are working on simplifying the upgrade process.

Differences between r8 and r11?

Release notes are the same of r8 release

1 Like

Two major feature and rest bug fixes

1. cnMaestro user authentication with LDAP
  2. Max client bumped up to 512 for cnPilot E600

Regards,

Rupam

1 Like

You guys added some features i was literally about to post about hehe, hopefully you can check some of the others off my wish/hate list lol http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnMaestro/cnMaestro-notes-and-issues/td-p/87869/jump-to/first-unread-message

I still have to upgrade from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 soon