cnMaestro - Template Enforcement

root

New Contributor

Sunday
cnMaestro - Template Enforcement

Hi All,

I am aware you can push templates down to devices but can you enforce this after the fact?

I am looking at making sure that all devices are configured the same and I would like the ability to do this through cnMaestro

0 Kudos

3 REPLIES

Jordan

Monday
Re: cnMaestro - Template Enforcement

Hi root,

For tempate-based configuration there is not a feature to enforce configuration after initial application.  This would be all backhaul devices.

For AP Group-based configuration this is possible using the Sync and Lock AP Configuration features.  This is only available for cnPilot device types.

root

New Contributor

Tuesday

Is it possible to have this in the cnMaestro roadmap for PMP450 devices? I imagine other customers must want this feature

Jordan

yesterday

I recommend posting this to the Ideas section with a description of your expectations on what you'd like this feature to do.  We use the Ideas section to decide what new features to add to cnMaestro.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/Ideas

Anyone!!!????

I think this would be good to have, periodically check the config of devices to make sure they are set to your golden config. even better if you can set it up so each tower location can have its own config

@cambium can this be looked at? This would make CnMaestro extremely valuable. We can currently do this with Python scripting, but it would be good to do natively inside of your application. Even if CnMaestro can inspect the configs and show the differences to a set baseline config? Similar to Solarwinds NCM.