CNMaestro X Licensing Questions

Here is what will happen after downgrade to Essentials:

Managed Account users get logged out
Managed Services tab gets hidden
Managed Account configuration changed to read only
Managed Accounts > Users tab gets hidden
Managed Accounts are changed to ready only

After downgrade there is no change to device tree or network structure. It is up to MSP to delete the managed accounts and move devices from managed accounts to base infrastructure.
Details also available in the cnMaestro X Features section of the embedded user guide.

Hi.

Is pricing for cnMaestro already known? Our distributor still doesn’t have prices for us and we only have a month of trial left…

Kind regards

Pricing has been published and the Distributors should have access to it. Please request you Distributor to contact their Cambium representative.

Thanks,

1 Like

CnMaestro Essentials has limit of 10.000 devices?

Yes. That is correct.

-Ajay

And what if I want to stay in Essentials but I have more than 10.000? Lets say I have on-premises, so I need to install a second Essentials Server to manage over 10K or pay for example 12.000 devices for upgrading to CNMaestro X?

If we have cnMaestro with only WiFi APs, we need only MSX-SUB-T3-5?

Case:
50x e600 APs

We need:
50x MSX-SUB-T3-5

And we are done for 5 years?

Kind regards

Probably there is a mistake in specifications sheet on this link?

Kind regards

Hi,

It depends on your requirements. If you need cnMaestro X for all 12, 000 devices, then you will have to buy subscription for all of them. If you don’t need cnMaestro X, then you will have to split into two installations to keep them under 10K limit for Essentials.

-Ajay

Hi AnzeZ,

You are right. I think it is a typo in the datasheet. I will get this corrected on priority. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

-Ajay

Hi AnzeZ, you are correct with 50 x MSX-SUB-T3-5, you will get cnMaestro X features for 5 years. One good thing about the subscription is that these “slots” are portable can be assigned to any device - so if you upgrade some of these e600s to say XV3-8 after 2 years, you don’t have to buy new subscription slots for the remainder 3years. You buy new “slots” when you want to add more devices to your cnMaestro X account.

1 Like

What will happen to all AP groups and settings, do we have to manually reconfigure everything?

This transition is very pricy for us. We can’t charge this to our customers and we can’t charge it to Cambium. So as partners, we are there alone to pay for all this stuff, either is this license for X, or reconfigure everything to Essentials.
Well played.

EDIT: The way to migrate from MSP I found “the best” inside one cnMaestro Cloud is to export and then import AP groups to Base infrastructure. Before that you have to do the same with WLANs that AP group needs.
The problem is that if you have Splash pages you have to reconfigure each one of them from scratch. Still bounch of work that we don’t need at all.

Also about prices. We have a few accounts that we would need and be ready to pay for cnMaestro X, but these prices are just too high. Instead paying Cambium at least some money, we have a bunch of work to downgrade to Essentials and seriously thinking about leaving Cambium.
I have a feeling we are not alone, but only the time will tell.

2 Likes

So I got a client whose X portal will be expiring and due to how their financials work they cannot make an unplanned P/O at this stage.Can they at a later stage enable X features after their trial has ended and new financial year hast started ?

They can enable cnMaestro X features after the trial has ended whenever they are ready.

So let me see if I have understood this thread correctly. We are CBRS with the exception of 1 PTP link in 5 gHz, CBRS is recommended to have High Availability for CnMaestro. HA is a X option so i have to purchase 17 Tier 2 licenses (15 450AP 2 450PTP) and 23 Tier 1 Licenses (23 450SM) for a total of $694/yr just to maintain HA to keep my network happy?

I too, am saddened to see the cost of this upgrade.
At a cost of $8 per SM, $30 per AP, per year; that is way too expensive for what amounts to nothing more than 2 years historical data for us. Now that I think of it, I suppose I’d have to pay for a two year subscription to even take full advantage of two years worth of historical data, so $16 per SM and $60 per AP.
On top of that, being CnMaestro On-Premise users, we’d be effectively paying to have the pleasure of storing the data on own own server. I’m looking at over $40k, for two years of data. Sheesh…

Not too sure how I can make the case for this to my Management, because I’ve always felt Cambium was extremely fair in terms of their price/performance ratio, in all aspects. This, I’m afraid doesn’t line up with what I had come to expect, which is a shame.

2 Likes

Maybe a pricing calculator is in order? I’m still confused on the cost to enable features. With 1000+ units I’m seeing pricing of 100k a year?

Looks like there is some confusion and I’ll attempt to provide clarity:

• cnMaestro X includes a bunch of advanced features including 2-yr performance data, API, support for concurrent device jobs, increased number of admin users, reports, audit logs, 24x7 technical support etc
  • Ordering guide, BOM configurator, videos on subscription are posted on our Partner Portal
  • We have 1/3/5-yr pricing and you get one year off with purchase of 3-yr term and 2 years off with 5-yr subscription
  • We have an aggressive promotion thru the end of 2021. Please contact your Distributor for details.

If you want to discuss this further please feel free to contact me @jagdish.girimaji@cambiumnetworks.com

Thanks,
Jagdish

Thanks Jagdish, I will contact you to further my discussion on this…