CNMaestro X Licensing Questions

I love cambium, hate their part numbering for recurring things. i manage multiple cnmaestro accounts and theyre all finally expiring out, but now have the 30 day message or whatever it is. I dont unterstand the free tier, tier x etc. I dont understand why there are tiers at all since normally a tier is an indicator of price. On account has 249 free tier devices, 928 Tier 1 devices, 90 Tier 2 devices. to me that sounds like some fee will show up for 1018 devices though none of the use X features in the gui

Sorry about the confusion but hopefully this will provide clarity.

• Device tiers like you allude, do map to price tiers. Free tier means there is no advanced features that require subscription. Home router and cnMatrix are examples of devices in free tier
  • You will not see any charge unless you subscribe to cnMaestro X. What you see in the GUI is informational and would be useful only if you chose to upgrade
  • Please remember you can continue to use the license free version of cnMaestro (aka cnMaestro Essentials) if you do not require any of the advanced features

Thanks,
Jagdish

As an MSP we have our clients under our cnMaestro page so we have one pane of glass to manage all of our client’s devices.

In tier 3 (wireless access points tier it seems) I have over 130 devices, but they belong to 30+ different clients. If we say only want to license 50 of the 130 for tier 3 will that still give us X for those APs?

The reason for this is to maintain the different amount of guest access portals that we setup for our clients.

Its too cumbersome to create 30+ cnMaestro accounts per client and would be too difficult to manage. From what I’m hearing if we have devices (we have 30 days left in our trial) in every tier then we have to licenses ALL devices in order to utilize X for the select few clients that need the X feature.

Let me know if I’m understanding this correctly.

You need subscription for all the devices but you can choose to keep a set of devices in cnMaestro X account and move the remaining to a separate account.

Given that you require higher guest portal count and MSP view you may want to consider having all devices under cnMaestro X account.

Thanks,
Jagdish

Dear Cambium, would you please consider allowing at least one free webhook configuration to push critical alarms (like CBRS) to Google Chat, MS Teams, Slack, etc? Email alarms are OK, but we all know that email is often ignored…

They should drasticly drop prices, or offer just some specific features from X for much lower prices. These prices are so high that are out of our atmosphere.
I am saying this just because I want well for Cambium.

1 Like

The pricing per subscriber/month works out to be between $0.45 to $0.75/sub/mo depending on qty and discount, and this drops to $0.20 to $0.35/sub/mo with the promotion we have till end of the year. Don’t understand the “These prices are so high that are out of our atmosphere” comment.

Thanks,
Jagdish

It may sounded a bit harsh, but as we did our calculations a few months ago we got a headache.
It might not be a bad idea to take out some services from X license - Cambium Care Pro for 24x7 technical support, accelerated access to L2 engineers.

I just rechecked your promotion and found out a revised version from April. Much better prices then before, I have to admit. Sadly, for us is too late, we already transfered to Essentials now and found new ways.

Yes the pricing is high for us too. Even with discount we are looking at at least $10k yearly expense that would need to be passed on to the customers. This is a highly competitive market and that isn’t going to go over well. Not sure the value proposition is there for X.

1 Like

We started using CNMaestro a few years ago to get away from the abusive licensing from Ruckus. We currently have about 1300 CNPilot AP’s managed under Essentials, so the price is still far less than I was used to with Ruckus. I guess I’m having a little bit of a problem getting from Essentials for free and X for 6 or 7 thousand a year this year and more than twice that next year.

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate Essentials being free, but it was sold as a free controller. All of us have grown into it without the few bells and whistles thrown in. I never used any of them during the trial. But I have to say, “the new NAG BAR that pops back up after you close it is really neat.” Getting rid of that might be worth a few bucks a month.

Hi networxpc – the warning was intended to be helpful, but it can quickly become annoying when presented at every login. In the next release, we will store local browser state, so it stays hidden once dismissed.

One new surprise for us:

Never heard for this limit before. Now I have to reconfigure 50 APs and devide them into new accounts. Nice.

Hi,
we have a configuration of 24 cnpilot (some 501, some 700 and some 401) for a WIFI4EU, the Italian law provides for the obligation for Municipalities to store wifi access logs for 60 days (Client Login Events located in Guest Access Local Sessions). Unfortunately cnMaestro Essential stores access logs for only 7 days, so I asked Cambium official support how to solve my problem and they replied that I need to switch to cnMaestro X Tier subscription so that I can store logs for more than 7 days. I asked the local reseller for a quote and the answer was that I have to purchase the licenses at a cost of about € 91 per device (€ 2,183.00). The big problem is that we are now totally over budget compared to our initial project. When we presented the project we had foreseen the purchase of the C4000 controller that we would use to store the logs but after we ordered all the antennas the dealer informed us that the C4000 is no longer supported because in end-of-life and that therefore the solution was to upgrade from cnMaestro Essential to cnMaestro X. Those who have implemented WiFi4EU projects know well that the margin of economic resources made available by the EU is very low (the funding is € 15,000) and think of spending a good 2,183, 00 € more just to keep the logs for 60 days instead of 7 days becomes an unjustifiable expense. I ask all the users of the community if they can give me a solution to this problem, I’m sure everyone will understand well that this choice made by Cambium has become a big problem to manage for those like me who have to install a WIFI4EU network …

Setup a syslog server and start gathering all of your radio’s events:

1 Like

Have a bit of an odd one here as I have clients that sometimes “sweat” hardware.
If a device comes to end of its 5 Year cnMaestro license will we be able to extend the license again and are there strings attached to it like hardware/software EOL ?

This mostly only really applies to switching products.AP,PTMP,PTP usually by year 5 we normally want to get in something faster.

Are you really putting a price on security features ???
i.e Audit Log, Syslog, LDAP…

They could at least put a separate price for features that are not device dependent.

2 Likes

Big agree from me. You do not tax SSO and AD authentication.

Makes you look scummy as a company.