cnMedusa - Go Massive (Live Stream)

1. when you mention 7 V and 7 H chain, does it mean 7 Dual polarized (V/H) RFIC

each with it's own PA/LNA/Filters etc and all signal from the multiple RF chains are processed in the

digital domain of baseband

Yes, exactly that :)

2. What will be the expected size for 3 GHz

I can’t give concrete answers on the 3GHz product at this stage.  If it were a simple like-for-like reimplementation of the 5GHz PMP450, you could imagine that the dimensions would be larger by the ratio of the wavelengths.  But that’s a big “if”, because there are many other possible configurations that we might explore with different tradeoffs of performance against size.

3. Can  multiple PMP450m base node in the vicinty use the same frequency channel

Yes, you will be able to use the PMP450m with TDD synchronisation exactly as you do with the 450 AP now.  I may have misinterpreted the question, though.  Just to be clear, we will not be able to support deployments where one SM can see multiple PMP450m APs on the same frequency.

4. How is the EIRP and Tx power per spatial link calculated ?

PMP450m has an integrated antenna as the only option, and Tx power is managed internally by the unit.   The limits on EIRP are set by regulations and the PMP450m will of course comply with those.

1 Like

Will cnMedusa inherit the dynamic adjacent channel filtering/rejection that the 450i got that the 450 didn't have?

Chris

It does not have the same dynamic interference filtering mechanism as the 450i.  However, the cnMedusa platform provides opportunities for further interference mitigiation techniques to be applied.  Because of the beamforming array, and the capabilities for Massive MU-MIMO, we can implement mitigation, steering (for interference avoidance), and even active cancellation techniques that can improve performance in the face of interference in ways that exceed anything we've done before.

Is Medusa still on schedule for a fall release?

Re: 430 compatability, will 430 SM's work on a 450M AP?

Thanks,

Tim

Regrettably, PMP430 devices are not supported by the 450m AP.